Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   another Joann's adventure (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/another-joanns-adventure-t58600.html)

thismomquilts 08-09-2010 11:29 AM

So, I went to JoAnn's again this morning - with the same friend I went with last time :). I have been wanting to get a F/P marking pencil and was waiting for 50% coupon (and no sale price!) Today it was 40% and I thought, "Oh why not?" and decided to get it. I also picked up a package of stuffing (for some small dolls I have begun making) and would use my 40% off coupon with that even though it was only 3.99. Got to the register and the pencil rang up at full price - 12.99. I did not want to pay full price and the sign DID say 40% off... I asked her if the final price would reflect it, she said no, I explained the sign was there - she went to look... came back WITH the sign and marked my pencil down 40% and then took my coupon for 40% off the stuffing... I saved a bit over $7.00 - the sign had been left up from the weekend - she had to give me the discount - and did with no fuss :)

virtualbernie 08-09-2010 11:34 AM

I have a coupon sheet that says FP Quilting Notions are on sale 50% off August 8-14th. Better stock up.

amandasgramma 08-09-2010 11:49 AM

Nice to hear a positive!

Dancing Needle 08-09-2010 11:53 AM

Originally Posted by virtualbernie
I have a coupon sheet that says FP Quilting Notions are on sale 50% off August 8-14th. Better stock up.

I just got back and got a few of the FP items I've been wanting at 50% off. Got a new seam ripper (not that I'll need it) :lol: :lol:, another pair of FM quilting gloves since I'm wearing the fingertip out of my old pair, and a package of Quilter's Binding Needles. I'll give the needles a try today as I'm finishing the binding on a quilt now. Just love to get the 50% off deals. :thumbup:

virtualbernie 08-09-2010 11:56 AM

Originally Posted by Dancing Needle

Originally Posted by virtualbernie

I just got back and got a few of the FP items I've been wanting at 50% off. Got a new seam ripper (not that I'll need it) :lol: :lol:, another pair of FM quilting gloves since I'm wearing the fingertip out of my old pair, and a package of Quilter's Binding Needles. I'll give the needles a try today as I'm finishing the binding on a quilt now. Just love to get the 50% off deals. :thumbup:

Never heard of binding needles. Let me know how they work.

Char 08-09-2010 12:02 PM

Love your cat!

virtualbernie 08-09-2010 12:09 PM

Originally Posted by Char
Love your cat!

Whose cat? If you're talking about mine, thank you! If you talking about Dancing Needles' I agree!

sewgull 08-09-2010 02:49 PM

Can you download Joann or Hancock coupons and where can I find them?

BKrenning 08-09-2010 03:05 PM

Originally Posted by sewgull
Can you download Joann or Hancock coupons and where can I find them?

Sign up on their websites. It takes a month to 6 weeks but eventually they'll come. I get Joann's email & snail mail. Only email from Hancock's.

sewgull 08-09-2010 05:51 PM

Thanks