Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Another Sweet 16 question (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/another-sweet-16-question-t206538.html)

Puttergeo 11-20-2012 02:04 PM

Another Sweet 16 question

I have the opportunity to buy a lightly used Sweet 16 for $2500. Will this machine handle queen size (king size?) quilts easily? I've been using my Bernina, but find I can't quilt large quilts so I end up doing quilting as you go which I don't want to have to do. Will the Sweet 16 solve this problem? Is this a good price if I trust the seller (I do)? What would be your main hesitations?
Thanks!

DogHouseMom 11-20-2012 02:29 PM

Yes it should. OMG ... where did you find that machine for that price??? And if you don't want it ... PLEASE pass the info on to me :)

The price is exceptional. A new machine with table is about $4500 and another $1200 for the stitch regulator.

My only hesitations would be just with any other used machine ... make sure it runs well. Open it and look inside to make sure it's been cleaned and well taken care of.

patski 11-20-2012 02:44 PM

Yes I have the sweet 16 and you can do the king size quilt. Great price

CanoePam 11-20-2012 02:47 PM

I love my Sweet 16, and that is a great price. Make sure it is real though. There have been some scams where someone advertises a great machine, generally at $2500, but somehow they aren't available to let you see it. Of course, if you just mail them the money they will be glad to ship it to you! Make sure you get to look at it with your own eyes.

pam

jeanharville 11-21-2012 05:39 AM

Gosh, if this turns out to be ligitimate, you have found the deal of the year. I'm looking for one too. I hope I can find one that cheap.

Yarn or Fabric 11-21-2012 05:59 AM

agree with the others - if it is indeed a Sweet 16 and it runs great, jump on it! You won't regret it. The Sweet was the machine I originally was going to get but I decided on the Lizzie instead - but if I had an opportunity to get a used Sweet for that price, that would be sitting in my craft room and not my Lizzie :D
Grab it if you can! You won't regret it.

Puttergeo 11-21-2012 01:10 PM

Thanks so much!!!

Originally Posted by Yarn or Fabric (Post 5671316)
agree with the others - if it is indeed a Sweet 16 and it runs great, jump on it! You won't regret it. The Sweet was the machine I originally was going to get but I decided on the Lizzie instead - but if I had an opportunity to get a used Sweet for that price, that would be sitting in my craft room and not my Lizzie :D
Grab it if you can! You won't regret it.

Thank you so much everyone. I bought it today, with a one year warranty. I'm so excited!

Yarn or Fabric 11-21-2012 01:15 PM

Originally Posted by Puttergeo (Post 5672131)
Thank you so much everyone. I bought it today, with a one year warranty. I'm so excited!

Congratulations!! I know you are going to love it! You got a sweet deal - and a warranty to boot?! Can't shake a stick at that, even if you tried.
Have fun!