Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Another Wal-Mart Fabric department on it's way out! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/another-wal-mart-fabric-department-its-way-out-t59290.html)

skydiver70 08-13-2010 05:31 PM

Went to our local Wal-Mart today, I never saw such a mess. Fabric scattered everywhere. Some bolts for $5, but where did they get those???? Never saw any fabric like that at Wal-Mart before. Didn't purchase anything. The better fabrics weren't on sale, and what was on sale was the worst fabric I have ever seen them carry. Must have gone to a sale somewhere and purchased bolts of fabric to pull us in thinking we were getting a bargain. Their FQ's were $1.00, but such thin fabric.

Oh, well, didn't need any anyway!

craftybear 08-13-2010 05:33 PM

that is so sad about the fabrics

NikkiLu 08-13-2010 05:43 PM

Yes, on the horrible $5 a bolt fabric - found a store near here that had two huge bins full of them - I would not have taken even one bolt home if they gave it to me - just horrible thin knits, sleazy fabric.

Rachel 08-13-2010 05:46 PM

We still have fabric at one of our Wal-marts. I was in there today and realized they'd cut it down to a partial isle. how disappointing, they used to have a nice fabric section, not they have half an isle. ugh!

Millstream Mom 08-13-2010 06:25 PM

Is the chain getting out of carrying material? Our WalMart (2nd smallest in Canada) has never stocked any, but on a recent trip to a WalMart in Maine we were told they only stocked craft supplies now, no fabrics. - I was so surprised that I forgot to ask her if it was that store or the entire chain.

dream56 08-13-2010 07:04 PM

I talked to someone I know in our local Walmart fabric department just yesterday and she said they are all getting rid of their fabric departments within the next year. She already knew theirs would be done next March.

littlehud 08-13-2010 07:32 PM

It's so sad to see. They don't care what we want.

Maureen 08-13-2010 08:01 PM

I found a Wal-Mart in Enfield Connecticut(So. Windsor) with about 300 bolts of beautiful material. They just received another 50 to put out. I am going back soon even tho its an hour away from my Mass. home. My daughter lives near it so its not a problem.

tooMuchFabric 08-13-2010 10:44 PM

You better get all you can afford or think you will ever want. It is all going away in WM.
And prices are going up all over.

harrishwhippets 08-14-2010 04:26 AM

We still have our fabric at a Walmart down the street, but they have done away with the walls for display and have them on tables at least 15 bolts deep and it is next to impossible to see what's there. They are making it into a superwalmart and I'm sure they will get rid of the fabric soon. So I go twice a week. I would buy more if I could see the darn stuff. It's all $4.97 and $3.47 a yard and some is very nice. I especially like the VIP brand.