Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Any info on an old 'Electro Hygiene' sewing machine? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/any-info-old-electro-hygiene-sewing-machine-t26999.html)

MollieSue 10-13-2009 03:38 PM

Any info on an old 'Electro Hygiene' sewing machine?

I just got one off freecycle today, and got it all threaded, ready to see if it works - and I do not see any on/power switch anywhere! lol!!!
Anyone know where it might be?
It looks like it's really old, is in a case and doesn't look like it can come out of the bottom part.
I'm hoping I can have this for my grandkids to learn on - if I can get it turned on! lol!!!
I'd post a picture, but my son has my camera, trying to get it working again.
Thanks for any help! :D :D

thimblebug6000 10-13-2009 04:06 PM

If it's like the one on e-bay it probably doesn't have an on/off switch, you just put your pedal to the metal.....did you already try this?

MollieSue 10-13-2009 04:16 PM

Yes, I first plugged it in, and nothing. The bulb socket is bigger than my other two, so I couldn't check to see if the light worked, to see if it was getting power.
I was able to lift the machine out of the bottom case, and there were two more short cords, with plugs, tucked under the machine! I have no idea where they're suppose to plug in.
And I think I messed it up where the regular cord and the foot pedal cord go into the machine base. I undid it, and probably shouldn't have.
I haven't found anything yet on the internet about this machine.

dizzy 10-13-2009 04:30 PM

2 Attachment(s)
does it look like this

check an see if nob on back is on an off
[ATTACH=CONFIG]52664[/ATTACH]

MollieSue 10-13-2009 04:35 PM

Thanks Dizzy, but no, I think mine looks older, although the belt thingy is inside, not out, like your's. There is one switch up high behind where the light is, but I assumed that was just for the light.
But now that I've found the other two short unplugged cords tucked under the machine, maybe it's a lost cause, as I have no idea where they plug into.

dizzy 10-13-2009 04:48 PM

if i'm not mistaken they plug into the back of the machine behind motor.
an this isn't mine i found it on web sight.Under electric hygiene sewing machine.

MollieSue 10-13-2009 05:25 PM

Thank you Dizzy! I finally remembered my hubby's camera phone, and he took some pictures, and is trying to get them to my computer now... It looks like there's two plug in on the right hand side, but it had a piece of a cardboard type material over them. I pulled that off, and looked like connector thingys fell apart.
I'll try to get pictures posted.
Thanks again!

MollieSue 10-13-2009 05:29 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Ok, I have some pictures :D

dizzy 10-13-2009 05:42 PM

From the looks of the plug in box i think it is a little older.Does your motor
com off like the one in the picture i put on here or is it permanately attiched.

MollieSue 10-13-2009 05:47 PM

No, the motor appears to be all inside.