Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Any New Classes?? Love em!!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/any-new-classes-love-em-t5032.html)

patricej 03-11-2008 02:45 AM

Originally Posted by tlrnhi
So, what challenge you want to drag me into. Beware, I bite sometimes. ;)

i bite back, so we had better choose those challenges verrrrry carefully. :lol: :lol: :lol:

tlrnhi 03-11-2008 02:48 AM

Originally Posted by PatriceJ

Originally Posted by tlrnhi
So, what challenge you want to drag me into. Beware, I bite sometimes. ;)

i bite back, so we had better choose those challenges verrrrry carefully. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I think you and I would get along fine in person.
Where in Coastal Georgia do you live?
I used to live in St Marys. Moved out of there in 96

Knot Sew 03-11-2008 03:52 AM

How about making it machine applique :?:

tlrnhi 03-11-2008 03:56 AM

Originally Posted by Ruth Camp
How about making it machine applique :?:

Only if someone comes here and shows me in person.

Quilting Aggi 03-11-2008 05:38 AM

I teach all kinds of stuff from quilts to wallhangings, to runners, etc. traditional blocks, applique, hand and machine quilting, paper piecing (although haven't done that in a couple years now), but you name it, I'll try to teach it!

I have been teaching for almost 12 years now and I will continue teaching til the day I can no longer stand. I get a real rush when teaching and seeing my students get excited over their project. I love to see the different colour variations and to see my students take the proejct I give them to do and put their own little creative twist on it to make it different and their own. I make my classes fun and interactive. I sometimes sew along with them.. Most days/nights it's a quilting bee feel and not a classroom! I always encourage my students in everything they do and I love to challenge them. Even if I know myself that their work is not the best, in their eyes they love it, so you keep a positive spin on things and keep encouraging them to work harder and show them techniques that might resolve the problem they might have. I am not strict or "anal" (if thats an okay word to use). I've had some of these students for a few years and they tell their friends and family about me and then I get new students. I guess I"m doing something right cause my classes keep filling. :)

Cheers

Knot Sew 03-11-2008 06:42 AM

Aggi........anyone on this boad can teach classes........Mimi Sharon did a great table runner. Patrice has been trying to get other quilters to step up and give it a try :D :roll: :wink:

Quilting Aggi 03-11-2008 06:54 AM

I will have to think about it sometime!!! I am learning my new EQ software.. perhaps I might try an easy pattern and make it into a mystery project.. Think I would get any bites??

Knot Sew 03-11-2008 07:52 AM

Count me in the word easy got me; :D I'm a lazy quilter :wink:

annmarie 03-11-2008 08:08 PM

I'd bite.