Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Any OTHER IDIOTS out there? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/any-other-idiots-out-there-t77787.html)

stitchinwitch 11-21-2010 10:26 AM

I am SUCH an IDIOT. Are there anymore like me?? This is the thing-I had FINALLY bought a JuneTaylor's Cut and Press - ya know 2 sided neat gizmo......................yeah, ya guess it - I CUT on the pressing side and sliced the fabric all the way thru the cloth AND the foam. It is spreading apart and I am going to find a rope real soon $#@ If anyone had done this, how did you repair it? Tape? Trash can? I hope someone can help! Thanks in advance :cry: :oops: :shock:

cjtinkle 11-21-2010 10:28 AM

LOL! This is only funny because I've done the same thing... TWICE now :)

craftybear 11-21-2010 10:31 AM

oh no, that is terrible! can you put some fabric back over it recover it to match your sewing room with cool fabric

grammiepamie 11-21-2010 10:35 AM

I did this to a quilt top one time. Try inserting a piece of, OMG I can't think of the name of it, the stuff you use for applique. Slide it inside the cover,big enough to cover the entire cut. Then press with a very hot iron. Make sure you get the edges of cut meet identical. The top I did this to was a wall hanging. You cannot tell was it repaired. Let me know. I have one of the cut and sew. I love mine. Can't do without it. Pam

stitchinwitch 11-21-2010 10:44 AM

are you referring to something like Wonder Under? It looks like a Missouri Chain Saw Massacre! I tried to pull it tight but it is strethchin the pressing fabric..........

fg

Originally Posted by grammiepamie
I did this to a quilt top one time. Try inserting a piece of, OMG I can't think of the name of it, the stuff you use for applique. Slide it inside the cover,big enough to cover the entire cut. Then press with a very hot iron. Make sure you get the edges of cut meet identical. The top I did this to was a wall hanging. You cannot tell was it repaired. Let me know. I have one of the cut and sew. I love mine. Can't do without it. Pam

cjomomma 11-21-2010 10:52 AM

I'm sorry you did that. I haven't cut the press side yet but I have tried to press on the cutting side multiple times.

nwm50 11-21-2010 10:57 AM

is it fixable?? Don't right really know what tool you're talking about but i hope it can be fixed?

Candace 11-21-2010 10:58 AM

Yes, the idea about using the heavy Heat and Bond fusible is a good one. It should help hold it together and prevent fraying.

amma 11-21-2010 11:10 AM

Maybe repair it the best you can with Wonder Under or Stitch Witchery, keeping it as flat as possible.
Then make a new cover to fit over the whole top? So that the whole surface is smooth?
Mine seems to have a lip around it, maybe make the cover have a casing around the edges (like an ironing board cover) insert a string and cinch it up, nice and snugly? :D:D:D

azwendyg 11-21-2010 11:25 AM

Well, I haven't done this, exactly. But my ironing table has nice little slices in it from where I ran right off the edge of the cutting mat I had on it...

What about using an iron on patch to fix it? I think you can get them in cotton. Or try some quiting cotton with steam-a-seam and iron it over the cuts.