Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Anybody with a Foot fetish? .. For your machine! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/anybody-foot-fetish-your-machine-t192113.html)

Lori S 06-18-2012 09:34 AM

Anybody with a Foot fetish? .. For your machine!

I am a true collector of special feet for my machine . Everytime I see a new one and what it can do I am just so anxious to get one and give it a try. The collection of feet in my sewing table has gotten quite extensive... and I can't say I would give any of them up .. they are just cool little gizmos! From ruffler to beading feet to walking feet ..I love them all.
What's your favorite "foot"! ??? Any you are just itching to play with?

auntpiggylpn 06-18-2012 01:17 PM

I too have purchased several specialty feet because I have seen some technique that uses them that I thought was really cool. To be honest, I have yet to use any of them! BUT, if I get a wild hair, I will have them available!

DebraK 06-18-2012 01:31 PM

I have all the ones that came with my machine, but only really use 3 regularly. Nice to know they are there if I need them.

Handcraftsbyjen 06-18-2012 01:52 PM

I have a collection of mostly unused ones that I bought with good intentions and never got a chance to play with. One of these days I will play with them. ....provided I remember what each one is for! Lol

franc36 06-18-2012 01:53 PM

Like you, I love presser feet. I have just about every one available for my Bernina. I use all of them; but some I don't use too often. WhenI am doing heirloom sewing, I will use 4 or 5 different presser feet. For quilting, I use the 1/4 inch foot the most; but I couldn't do without the walking foot or the Bernina stitch regulator.

mighty 06-18-2012 02:26 PM

I love them, have not used them all but, do love to add more and more!!!!!

Dolphyngyrl 06-18-2012 03:35 PM

yes, i almost have them all for my machine

momto5 06-18-2012 04:14 PM

G-r-r-r-r-! Just when I was congratulating myself on only buying three very small pieces of remnant fabric today, here you come along and open a whole new can of worms!!! Now, OF COURSE!!! I have to go out and at least look (ha!) at the feet available for the room(s) full of machines I have...thanks a lot! Actually, that's one thing I never thought about...I've always just used whatever came with the machines and only once have I gone out of the box (so to speak) and bought a different one...and that was to replace one that broke! So I'm gonna blame you for bringing this up, when I have to add another room for all my (potential) new goodies! (You DO know I'm kidding, right?)

CanoePam 06-18-2012 06:46 PM

Like franc36 I have many, many feet for my Bernina. I just tell myself that a foot is just a tool. My husband understands that well. For example, you could do all your hammering with just one hammer, but he has 7 or 8 of them in different sizes for different uses. My favorite foot is the edge stitch foot.

Pam

sewgray 06-19-2012 05:46 AM

Yes I have Bernina's too and Bernina makes such wonderful feet it's hard not to buy every one. My fav is the stitch in the ditch plate for the walking foot.