Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Anyone belong to a "small group" through quilting guild? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/anyone-belong-%22small-group%22-through-quilting-guild-t76785.html)

debbieumphress 11-16-2010 08:29 PM

I belong to two bees from the GUild but we started our own. Most of the older ones are full and very clickish but thats ok. We have a wonderful bee with nice ladies and we are by not means structured. LOL. We come and do our own thing and sometimes we do something together. Have fun if you get one started. I used to do more bees but can't anymore. Have to pace myself.

AliKat 11-16-2010 09:06 PM

While I do belong to 2 "guilds" I also belong to a weekly quilting group where we go to just quilt on our own projects in a friendly atmosphere. It is hosted by a local church as part of its outreach.

Our leader used to teach sewing/quilting at a local Hancock's till it was closed. She also has different Saturdays throughout the year where we can each do a particular quilt pattern [or not] and about twice a year a midnight madness where we quilt til we wilt and have a potluck dinner and snacks.

If you want to do it ... plan a bit with friends ... and do it.

ali

dottie 11-17-2010 11:48 AM

I belong to a small group of 3 that meets at each others houses a couple of times a month for sit and sew in addition to regular guild meetings..we used to have 6 but one moved away, one lost interest in quilting and the other has health problems. Our sit and sew is relaxed, we help each other with quilting problems and I have passed along things that I learned here on the board.
Dottie

grammatjr 11-17-2010 11:56 AM

Originally Posted by suern3
My friend and I recently joined a local quilt guild which has many small groups. Most are full and they suggested we start our own small group. Since we haven't been to one would like suggestions and ideas about what they do.

You are in Nebraska! Me too!

I belong to the Lincoln Quilters' Guild, and to a small group, not one of the official groups listed with them. Just a group of friends that started their own small group, then I was invited in too.

We meet at one members house, and show off what we have finished, is in process, new patterns, tools, etc. Offer ideas and encouragement, eat goodies, etc. we usually meet for about an hour and a half.

suern3 11-20-2010 03:22 PM

Originally Posted by grammatjr

Originally Posted by suern3
My friend and I recently joined a local quilt guild which has many small groups. Most are full and they suggested we start our own small group. Since we haven't been to one would like suggestions and ideas about what they do.

You are in Nebraska! Me too!

I belong to the Lincoln Quilters' Guild, and to a small group, not one of the official groups listed with them. Just a group of friends that started their own small group, then I was invited in too.

We meet at one members house, and show off what we have finished, is in process, new patterns, tools, etc. Offer ideas and encouragement, eat goodies, etc. we usually meet for about an hour and a half.

Hi from just outside Omaha! Thanks for your reply and ideas, sounds like you have a good group.

suern3 11-20-2010 03:28 PM

Thanks everyone for the great ideas and encouragement, as usual!