Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Anyone doing Back To Nature? I need some help. (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/anyone-doing-back-nature-i-need-some-help-t67067.html)

heidikins 09-27-2010 09:40 AM

I am doing the BOM by Wing and A Prayer called Back To Nature in the tonga prints. It is coming along quite will until.....the center medallion block. The exact center which is squared to 13 1/2 came out perfectly but when I went to add on the diamonds in the corners, well, that whole unit is too large. The set in seams were perfect too! Has anyone had this same problem? I have taken apart the diamonds, double checked them with the template I cut and also the pattern template and they are perfect. Re starched them VERY carefully (checked them again with the template) and resewed. The first time I used a scant quarter inch. The second time I used a whole quarter inch. That corner is still too large. So I was just wondering if anyone else came across this too and what they did to remedy the problem. I'm not that anal about it that I can't leave it but if there was another solution I would like to try that first. Oh, and I did see if there were any corrections to the pattern-nope. Feel free to pm me if you prefer. Thank you for any input!
Heidi

Jamiestitcher62 09-27-2010 09:45 AM

Oh great something to look forward too. I am doing that one as well, some of my blocks are even and I haven't gotten to the center medallion block yet.

Thank God I bought a 1/2 yard of each of the fabrics in case I have to redo a block here and there.

Sorry I can't help, but I will ask next time I am in my LQS.

Question though, what templates did you get with your patterns? I wasn't aware there were templates involved.

heidikins 09-27-2010 10:43 AM

The pattern comes with a printed template that I copied and made my own out of template plastic. It really is a beautiful quilt so far.
Heidi

amma 09-27-2010 01:02 PM

Have you checked the templates that you made against the ones that came with the pattern?
If they are just a tad off it could slightly change the size of your blocks.
There isn't much difference between a 1/4" and a scant 1/4" either, but it does make an over all difference in a block :wink:

heidikins 09-28-2010 08:52 AM

Hi Amma,
Yes, I double checked that too. It is just one of those things I guess I will have to work out by carefully basting everything together with a muslin dummy piece and see what is wonky.

blueribbontoes 10-22-2010 12:25 PM

I just started this BOM. I eagerly await photos of your work so far! I hope you find the problem with your medallion. What a bugger!

heidikins 10-22-2010 01:51 PM

Hang tight. I will try to post a picture as soon as I get my sashings on my center block. I won't be able to sew for a couple of days. DH came down with the flu that progressed into viral pneumonia so I will be making lots of soup AND kids coming home too (the nerve of them-kidding).
Have a good weekend!
Heidi