Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Anyone else got a case of the "lazies"? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/anyone-else-got-case-%22lazies%22-t128179.html)

deedum 06-05-2011 06:41 AM

I am just so sluggish on getting back into the sewing room, it is almost overwhelming when I look at the room, the projects, and all my promised todo's to myself. I am thinking that maybe I could be a bit lazy. Anyone else has times like these? Is it the weather?

I did venture in last nite and sandwiched a BOM quilt, just waiting for FM and I don't think anyone else is going to come in and do it for me though. :shock:

Buckeye Rose 06-05-2011 06:45 AM

you and me both.....I have so many things to work on....and really need to clean out sewing room, what a mess.....but no ambition to get started on anything....all I want to do is play on the puter!

sueisallaboutquilts 06-05-2011 06:45 AM

It could be the weather. Or any number of things.
I was frantic b/c my sewing room was a disaster and I couldn't stand to even go in it!
BUT- I finally dug in and am almost done with it.
I have the lazies right now b/c I've been preparing for a garage sale- what a PAIN!!! :D
I need to sew today- getting cranky!!!

charmpacksplus 06-05-2011 06:47 AM

I think it's the heat! I took a hand quilting class last week to try to motivate myself. Just can't get into it.

luv-e 06-05-2011 06:57 AM

Originally Posted by charmpacksplus
I think it's the heat!!

Totally Agree....................

isnthatodd 06-05-2011 07:11 AM

I battled between feeling guilty because all I wanted to do was sit and thinking it's ok to do just nothing sometimes. So I mostly did nothing. Tomorrow I'll get back to doing something.

cctx. 06-05-2011 07:14 AM

It's got to be the Weather (the heat), I feel the same way after noon time.

mzsooz 06-05-2011 07:25 AM

Me too. I want to sew really bad but every time I plan a sew day I end up having to run my daughter to town or babysit my DGD. Not that I'm complaining! Just have so many interruptions that I've learned to not plan on anything. I'm hoping to get down there and sew today. Keep your fingers crossed!

Pat P 06-05-2011 07:26 AM

Try not to look in on the sewing room. Weeds call me outside between the raindrops. Can't even get a pic of my last 2 quilts outside yet. Shouldn't complain the poor farmers just got a good start the last two days and we got 1 3/4 inch of rain last night it rained heavy cats and dogs. Just want to be lazy and sit in the pavillion by the pond, feed the fish and embroider my snowman quilt. Lazy is okay sometime as a body can find work 24-7

mom-6 06-05-2011 07:37 AM

Pat P - please send us some of your raindrops! Its really dry here. Yesterday a brush fire a couple of lots over got out of hand and was burning right next to my daughters property. There was a bulldozed 6-8 ft path all around it but last night a tree really close was blazing up pretty scary. Took DGS home with me to spend the night as he kept wanting to get closer to 'the hot fire'.