Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Anyone else notice? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/anyone-else-notice-t211751.html)

wraez 01-23-2013 05:40 AM

Anyone else notice?

I went to Joann fabrics for some fusibles and they no long carry Wonder Under or HeatNBond lite or similar products on the bolt. I didn't go look in notions to see if they had them packaged.

And their prices are really going UP. I was there Saturday to see a free mug rug demo using a Pellon fusible (Pellon has so many, the gal giving the demonstration didn't even know which one she was using so she gave me a 2 inch piece to compare with all the rest). That particular fusible was $6.99yd .. I thought that was insane even with 50% off. Guess I'm getting to be an old penny pincher!

Back to the HeatNBond lite, I use alot of it for my fabric postcards and was so disappointed that Joanns no longer had it by the bolt where I could get it 50% off. So I ended up buying it at Joanns online (I think it was a 5yd+ pkg and I got 2) but they didn't accept the 50%off coupon. Don't know why, but was happy to get my fusible.

Where do you buy Wonder Under and or HeatNBond lite?

Quiltngolfer 01-23-2013 05:47 AM

I can buy it at Hancock's in Kentucky.

BellaBoo 01-23-2013 06:23 AM

I buy it from Walmart. The Heat and Bond lite is usually in a package. The Pellon is on the bolt. The Walmart here has the fusible fleece, Insulbrite, and Warm and Natural on the bolt and just about all the Pellon products. I keep a big stash of each. It's cheap there.

carolstickelmaier 01-23-2013 06:24 AM

I just bought Heat n Bond lite on line at Joanns 35 yds at half price. Got it about a week ago. Not really what I wanted (too stiff) ended up giving it away to a quilter that quilts for school. Found my Pellon light wt. and bought 18 yards of it. I'm hoping I have enough. I am doing three quilts (next Christmas) that take at least 5 yds each of the fusible. I hope my mind is still there when I finish. Piecing does not look bad but the quilting may do me in. Check again on line at Joanns and good luck.

Lori S 01-23-2013 07:08 AM

I too share your frustration at not being able to buy Heat and Bond from a bolt at JoAnns. I typically buy a bolt of it every 15 months. Buying it by the package is way too inefficent. I also noticed the pricing of all the bolt interfacings... One type I also purchase by the bolt has more than doubled in price in the last year. It went from $1.99 per yard to $5.99 per yard. I think it all relates back to their coupon gimmicks. I beleive they assume you will be using a coupon.

Annaquilts 01-23-2013 07:24 AM

I buy it at Walmart

KwiltyKahy 01-23-2013 07:42 AM

you might try J. Hittle online. I don't know about their shipping rate but the per yard prices are good.

Jingle 01-23-2013 11:11 AM

I don't use those products. I notice Joanns has increased some prices and have lesser fabrics also. The coupon gimmicks are just that, raise the prices and give 20 - 50% off with coupons. Probably paying more than without the raises and using coupons. I buy from Walmart as much as possible, I like their quilting cottons and their prices.

nygal 01-23-2013 11:49 AM

I've seen it at Walmart too.

MadQuilter 01-23-2013 11:52 AM

I JUST found that out the other day when I went there and they didn't have it. I ended up getting packaged sheets of Steam-a-seam but for some reason the gummy glue gets all over the release paper and it messed up my iron. grrr.