Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Anyone familiar with the book Charm Quilts By Suzanne McNeill ? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/anyone-familiar-book-charm-quilts-suzanne-mcneill-t35079.html)

Naturalmama 01-25-2010 09:24 AM

I wound up getting that one along with the TTA book since this ebay seller had such good prices. It was kind of an impulse since I couldn't find any reviews on it (I usually like to check what Amazon says about it, but there were no reviews) I have charm squares to use so I figured this would help.

Naturalmama 01-25-2010 11:42 AM

Just one bump... just in case...

Oklahoma Suzie 01-25-2010 01:49 PM

don't have that one, let us know how you like it.

SherriB 01-25-2010 03:28 PM

I am addicted to charm packs and have a book by Pam and Nicky Lintott called Layer Cake, Jelly Roll and Charm quilts. It has several quilts that I want to eventually make.

I love charm quilts and may have to ask hubby to get me this book for Valentines Day.

brushandthimble 01-25-2010 03:47 PM

Yes, I have the book, havn't looked at it lately (years).
Made a charm quilt (another UFO I need to put on my list). That book refers to charms as using a certain fabric only once in the quilt, not the current 5 inch squares. I started a charm quilt for 2000, using 2000 different fabrics; there were 12 of us and we had fabric swaps. I need to add borders using 200 different fabrics and I have them all.

brushandthimble 01-25-2010 03:51 PM

Originally Posted by SherriB
I
I love charm quilts and may have to ask hubby to get me this book for Valentines Day.

This one may be out of print, I purchased it in 1998 -99

Now that it has been mentioned here I will have to pull it out of the bookcase and look through it. Eye candy:)

Marcia 01-25-2010 03:54 PM

Originally Posted by brushandthimble
Yes, I have the book, havn't looked at it lately (years).
Made a charm quilt (another UFO I need to put on my list). That book refers to charms as using a certain fabric only once in the quilt, not the current 5 inch squares. I started a charm quilt for 2000, using 2000 different fabrics; there were 12 of us and we had fabric swaps. I need to add borders using 200 different fabrics and I have them all.

I would love to see this quilt. I have been collecting Kansas Troubles fabrics and I now have about 700 (pales in comparison to your 2000!!) Please post a pic so we can see it!!!!

brushandthimble 01-25-2010 03:58 PM

Sorry, my mistake; that is not the book I have.
Mine is by Beth Donaldson "Charm Squares"

Marcia, I will try to take a picture of it tomorrow, off to teach a quilt class. It is not finished....needs border using the last 200 pieces LOL

BellaBoo 01-25-2010 04:57 PM

Is this the Suzanne McNeill that use to be on the Carol Devall show? I may have the name confused.

never mind I'm thinking of Mary McNeil. :roll: