Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Anyone Had a RUDE Hancock Store Manager? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/anyone-had-rude-hancock-store-manager-t33095.html)

jljack 01-03-2010 08:02 PM

About 2 weeks ago, DH and I went to the local Hancock store and bought over $100 of fabric. We were presented with a $20 coupon, good on any purchase over $20. I was thrilled! Free fabric!! Well, on New Years Day we went back to take advantage of their 50% off sale, and when we tried to use the $20 coupon, she asked us for the original receipt. I told her we didn't know we had to have it. We weren't told to bring it back. She says, "it's printed on the back of the coupon", and sure enough, in about 7 pt. type on the botton of the back it says you have to have the receipt from the original sale so they can verify it was a real coupon. I asked for the manager, and she yells across the store "..can you come here for a minute". The manager wouldn't come because she was on a ladder, so she starts yelling across the store to us. She wouldn't even come and talk to us.

I was really PO'd by her attitude and her lack of customer service. I told my DH, maybe we just need to go to Joanne's from now on. We spend lots of money at Hancock, and I don't appreciate being treated like she doesn't have time to deal with our little problem.

Thanks for letting me vent.

amma 01-03-2010 08:07 PM

That is about as rude as it gets...I can't believe she would not get off the ladder to come and talk to you....

4dogs 01-03-2010 08:08 PM

that is awful..maybe you need to talk to the REAL manager, or whomever is IN CHARGE of the entire store..that kind of person should be working in the back room, stocking shelves, not on the sales floor.

azam 01-03-2010 08:14 PM

How RUDE!!!

Charlee 01-03-2010 08:16 PM

Call the store and ask for the district manager's name and number.
Email from the store's website a customer complaint.
DO NOT let this one fly...it was rude and uncalled for!!

montanaquilter 01-03-2010 08:22 PM

i totally agree with Charlee, don't let this one go. if they give you a coupon why on earth would they need to double check to see if it's real later on??? i've never had to bring in any receipts to any store to use a coupon that they gave me!! that's really uncalled for to be yelling across the store too-not good. hope that you don't let this one go and finally get some service from someone!!

dglvr 01-03-2010 08:37 PM

I think you need to go above her. There are alot of people out of work and she obviously doesn't need her job. Sometimes Hancock has good deals and I would hate for that rude person to deter your going in there anymore.

jljack 01-03-2010 08:49 PM

Thanks for the advice, and I did it. I went to the website and put in exactly what I wrote above, including my name, address and phone number. I hope I get an answer. I'll let you know what they say if they reply.

Janice

sharon b 01-03-2010 08:58 PM

That was wrong the way they handled it. When I went to Hancocks and got my coupon, the sales clerk stapled my coupon to my receipt and told me I had to bring both back together. I hope they do something for you

jljack 01-03-2010 09:17 PM

That's exactly what I told the manager (rather, yelled back to the manager) should have happened. If I needed to bring it back, they should have said so and stapled it to the coupon. The clerk said they don't staple it until you bring it back. It was just silly for them not to be sure we knew it had to come back. Sounds pretty sneaky to me.....sort of a lie by omission.