Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Anyone have an Inspira quilting frame? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/anyone-have-inspira-quilting-frame-t48889.html)

Ditter43 06-08-2010 03:22 PM

I have the frame all set up and the ledge across the top that holds the pantogram is really bowed down. The lady I bought it from had only used it as a short frame where I have it set up to quilt full sized quilts. I am wondering if this is going to mess up the shape of the pantograph as it is transfered to the quilt. I haven't used the frame yet...anything I should know? Likes or dislikes about the frame?

Ditter

craftybear 06-08-2010 03:24 PM

don't have one, I hope someone can help you

Candace 06-08-2010 04:58 PM

Could you post a photo?

littlehud 06-08-2010 07:24 PM

Please post a pic. I'm trying to picture it.

KenZ 06-08-2010 07:32 PM

I have one and added a peice of bar aluminum (4') to replace the short support that came with the frame.

Ditter43 06-09-2010 05:55 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Candace
Could you post a photo?

I tried to get a photo that really showed the bow, but with the glare and reflections, I hope you can see it.....

Ditter

don't look at the mess....i am sure you have never seen one before! ;)

Candace 06-09-2010 06:58 AM

I don't own a frame like this, but I've heard many people complaining about the same issue. From what I remember they had to buy a new support bar or have some support pieces installed. Yes, from your photo, I could see that it will affect your stitch out. I would contact Inspira to see if there are some relatively cheap and fast fixes on the market. I suspect this is an engineering issue rather than anything the previous owner did to it.

Jannie 06-09-2010 11:06 AM

I have this frame, but I have never had this problem. My complaint with the set up is there is not much room for quilting & it gets smaller as you roll the quilt up.

quilter girl 06-09-2010 07:09 PM

I agree totally - sure wished they was more room and no problem with the frame.

Originally Posted by Jannie
I have this frame, but I have never had this problem. My complaint with the set up is there is not much room for quilting & it gets smaller as you roll the quilt up.

KenZ 06-09-2010 07:21 PM

Instruction for shelf brace.

Inspira Shelf

To repair the bent shelf

1. Pull the shelf off and place it upside down on the floor.
2. Straighten out the bent and creased parts. (Blocks of hardwood and c clamps work without scratching the finish.)
3. Note the very small braces joining the two shelves, under the lip of the shelf. These braces need to be replaced using longer braces. The longer the braces the stronger the shelf will be. At least 4 foot braces on each side are recommended. The options for making the braces are. Aluminum ¼”x1’ bar metal, Steel ¼”x1” bar metal or a good strong piece of hardwood cut to fit. (With wood you can use wood or metal screws instead of bolts.) Check to see what you already have before going out to buy.
4. Set the bracing under the lip of the shelf against the underside of the top. Drill holes in the bracing material to match the existing holes in the bar metal and bolt the new supports in place.
5. Add extra bolts or screws along the length of the new support as required.
6. Replace the shelf on the frame.

Ken