Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Anyone Want to Buy a Quilt Shop? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/anyone-want-buy-quilt-shop-t48572.html)

JoanneS 06-06-2010 09:53 AM

Originally Posted by BellaBoo
I know this store. The lady that owned it died suddenly. She was a town treasure and her shop is a town landmark. A master seamstress that stayed in her shop every day and sewed. Any part you needed for a vintage Singer she had it. Some of her notions were still in the original first packaging. I loved her store and if not busy she would tell me stories of her life.

So - is the store being sold 'as is' OR are contents being sold bit by bit? It's hard to tell from the ad.

Lostn51 06-06-2010 10:52 AM

Originally Posted by JoanneS

Originally Posted by BellaBoo
I know this store. The lady that owned it died suddenly. She was a town treasure and her shop is a town landmark. A master seamstress that stayed in her shop every day and sewed. Any part you needed for a vintage Singer she had it. Some of her notions were still in the original first packaging. I loved her store and if not busy she would tell me stories of her life.

So - is the store being sold 'as is' OR are contents being sold bit by bit? It's hard to tell from the ad.

At $75,000 it should be an entire lot!!

Billy

quiltluvr 06-06-2010 10:57 AM

I could write a check---I gotta box full of 'em! :-P

On the serious side, sad to hear of her passing. I hope someone will see that ad and do her right by it.

PurplePassion 06-06-2010 11:02 AM

Originally Posted by pam1966
Let's all go in together and buy it! The ONLY way I could do it!

I'll chip in . I want to quit my job anyways.

Lostn51 06-06-2010 11:37 AM

The thing that keeps playing in my head is can I buy the entire lot take what I want and flip it and come out ahead.

My wife and I have been talking about whether it would be worth while to make a cash offer and I am wondering how long would it take to unload it for a profit.

Billy

Tiffany 06-06-2010 11:52 AM

Originally Posted by Lostn51
Not even!!! :lol: :lol:

It would be nice to be able to walk into a stash that size but where would you keep it?

Billy

Wherever I could cram it!!! :lol:

PurplePassion 06-06-2010 11:57 AM

The thing that keeps playing in my head is can I buy the entire lot take what I want and flip it and come out ahead.

My wife and I have been talking about whether it would be worth while to make a cash offer and I am wondering how long would it take to unload it for a profit.

Billy

With this board---not very long!!

Katia 06-06-2010 11:57 AM

I would be on that in a hot minute, if I had the money.

Lostn51 06-06-2010 12:06 PM

Originally Posted by PurplePassion

Billy

With this board---not very long!!

:lol: :lol: I dont think I will have to worry about whether I can do it or not. I am not tying that much money up into anything right now I dont care how good of a deal it is!!!

Especially after spending what I did on the bike I am getting built for me.

But its nice to dream out loud!!

Billy

Pam 06-06-2010 12:08 PM

Let's face it, if you kept lots, it would take longer to make a profit! Supply and demand, eyes bigger than tummy, ect! I would love to do it, but I already have some stuff for sale.