Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Applique Club (Do you like to applique, lets chit chat here) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/applique-club-do-you-like-applique-lets-chit-chat-here-t64769.html)

catlinye_maker 01-10-2012 09:19 AM

The veins on the leaves are from fussy cutting leaf printed fabric and being very... precise (my friends use a less flattering word) about placement. The dimensional effect is an artifact of the serrated applique process (and thanks to Pepita for the perfect segue.)

I've posted the serrated leaves tutorial in the Tutorials forum. Sorry it's later than planned; DH and I spent all weekend playing SWTOR and not attending to quilty stuff. Anyway, let me know if it's clear as mud or if you have any questions; the method is finicky but it gives good results.

efayard 01-20-2012 07:01 AM

Erin Russek - One Piece at a Time -- has posted her first block for the 2012 BOM Mimi's Bloomers. It's sure to be a beautiful quilt, I love her work. The blocks are going to be set on point.

cleodaisy 01-24-2012 11:45 AM

Where is everybody??

3 Attachment(s)
Where is everybody??? Maybe it is time to post photos. "My Cat's Garden" is a Maggie Walker pattern. One of my modifications is my cat Thursday on the very top. The "Purple Goldfish" is my own design inspired by Pacific Rim two fabric patterns. The last is from a class I took from Anita Schackleford.
cleodaisy

cleodaisy 01-24-2012 11:52 AM

Is it better right side up?

1 Attachment(s)
Here is a new photo of Mama's Flowers
cleodaisy

dublb 01-24-2012 02:52 PM

Your applique is awesome!
I'm working on the FWSPC blocks but my fabrics (My fabric is 'Betsy Ross') don't work with some of the blocks so I've added some different blocks. One for this week I appliqued a Liberty Bell!
I'll post it in the next few days.

fred singer 01-24-2012 03:02 PM

thanks for the good information on applique technics

Suz 01-24-2012 03:30 PM

I have made my last two Edyta Sitar blocks using the back basting method. I really like it and will probably use it forever except for the very small circles. This method requires no templates, although it does seem to waste a bit of fabric. One find at the LQS is the new marking pen by Pilot. It comes in several colors, mine is navy. It works like the white one from Clover. Just touch with the iron and the marking is gone.

I do need to try the serrated egde leaf. The finished product is outstanding.

Also, the applique and designs by Cleo and soooo nice. We all should aspire to do as well. Thanks for sharing same.

SuzyQ 01-25-2012 05:17 AM

Cleodaisy, you work is incredible!

Suz, I love the back basting method too

Suzy

EllieGirl 01-25-2012 05:33 AM

I'm taking a class Saturday. I want to start making cute stuff for my four grandchildren.

cactusmomma 01-25-2012 05:37 AM

Oh my goodness! I just finished the center block of "My Tweets" and thought I had done pretty well. However.....Your work is amazing. Back to the "drawing" board (so to speak) for me. Cleodaisy, thanks for sharing and for the inspiration.