Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   April quilt of the month at Walmarts. (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/april-quilt-month-walmarts-t5667.html)

Debra Mc 03-27-2008 11:23 AM

Have any of you seen the quilt for the month of April at Walmart? It is so pretty I had to buy all the material last night. It is really a nice pattern and the colors are beautiful. I have never seen these two styles put together but it is nice. I think I'm going to make it and give to one of my sisters for Christmas. Our store here in Texas is having a huge fabric sale on Sat and Sun for $1.00 and $2.00 a yard. The lady in fabrics says they will have a lot of nice stuff. Is anybody else having one or is this just a exclusive to our store?

Knot Sew 03-27-2008 11:36 AM

We never have a special at walmart but we do have one and two dollar fabric. The fabric for the patterns is vip and cost 2 dollars a yard all the time at my store. we have clearance but no special sale......lucky you

I picked up the pattern but the fabric was not in yet. I like the red colored floral :D This one is not my favorite but many of their patterns are. Isn't it great to get a free be once in a while. Show a pic of your fabric they are really nice and of course the quilt when you finish :D :D :D

MelissaK 03-27-2008 11:37 AM

We have never had a quilt of the month. Our Walmart is also getting rid of the fabric department so they have all the fabric on clearance. Unfortunatly, most of it is gone now. I am depressed over the whole thing.

Country Quilter 03-27-2008 12:30 PM

I've never seen it at mine either.... hmmm...will have to ask next time I'm in....they don't plan to get rid of the dept yet ... I asked them that last time...so maybe they will start something like this?

tlrnhi 03-27-2008 12:53 PM

I MISS WALMART!!!

Janstar 03-27-2008 04:30 PM

All the new Walmarts around here left out the fabric dept. I asked to see the new Mang. of all three stores and told each one they were making a HUGH mistake taking out the fabric dept. They said to tell the main office, that they couldn't do anything about it. Don't make a quilter MAD! Do I sound tough? I'm not really!

BDor 03-27-2008 04:50 PM

We we told last year that our WalMart would be doing away with the fabric dept. The lady who works there gave me the # at headquaters and to call and complain and have everyone in our quilt guild to do so. I called and the person I spoke with was suprised to hear about the fabric dept. She did not know anything about doing away with the fabric. She told me the same thing --have everyone call and write letters.

My DH plays golf with the store manager and he told him that we probably had a couple of years yet but they have already done away with the fabrics in the store where my son lives.

I think we as quilters should keep complaining to the headquaters in Ark.

Beverly

Celeste 03-27-2008 04:51 PM

Never heard of the quilt of the month at walmart -- they are selling material.

Knot Sew 03-28-2008 03:58 AM

There is a basket that sits on the table where they cut fabric. In this basket are handouts the companies send with their craft items. VIP probably makes the patterns because they have it in the quilt and give the yardage

There are knitting, crochet, beading , tote patterns too. We can just go through them and take what we want.

These seem to come in the first of every month :D

tlrnhi 03-28-2008 04:49 AM

I have also seen them attached to the shelves too