Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Avante QUilting machine opinions (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/avante-quilting-machine-opinions-t225926.html)

cheryl222 07-16-2013 06:31 AM

Avante QUilting machine opinions

I am almost convinced I need to sell my beloved Bailey and trade up for an Avante. I would appreciate any comments, likes and dislikes from members who own one. I joined the Yahoo group and have read reviews on other sites, but the more information I get will help me make the final decision. it is quite an investment so I want to be 100% sure. Thanks.

Annaquilts 07-16-2013 06:36 AM

I like the HQ Avante and almost bought its bigger version the Fusion. Also if you are looking at adding a computer system it is one of the more affordable ways to go. Try and test it and see if you like it.

mcwillia 07-16-2013 06:44 AM

I've had my Avante for about a year and have had so much fun with it that my girlfriend bought the same set-up last week. Zero issues. I use every type of thread from metallic embroidery to industrial cones found at Goodwill for 99 cents. In my local long arm group those with Innova or Gammill are always having issues and schedule regular checkups with a traveling tech. This is my second Handiquilter (upgraded for the computer capabilities). I bought the first one used and it's now with its third owner. Never needed servicing - just a drop of oil with every bobbin change.

mighty 07-16-2013 07:26 AM

I have the Babylock Crown Jewel which is the same machine as the Avente and I love it.

DebraK 07-16-2013 07:50 AM

I bought a used Avante a couple years ago and have never had a problem. Using the Superior Thread chart for tension guidance, I've been able to run any thread i want through it. Like another poster said, a drop of oil every other bobbin, dust the tracks, and you're good to go.

butterfly48 07-16-2013 07:55 AM

I have been thanking of buying a bailey machine. What is your problem with it?I had though I might get the 17 inch one. What size is yours? If you deside to get new one will you be selling the bailey?

cheryl222 07-16-2013 09:30 AM

Butterfly, there is nothing at all wrong with my Bailey. I have the 17" and she is a workhorse. I truly love her, but have saved for an upgrade and so I am going to do that. One of the main reasons is the sew control is not as precise as I would like it. Yes, I will be selling her.

cmw0829 07-16-2013 04:38 PM

My dream machine was an Innova but I came across a used Avante at a super price. I haven't been disappointed in the least and have so far quilted a half dozen quilts since April. It's super easy to use and has been very tolerant of a newbie.

My only "complaint" is that leveling was a pain because the table is set up as 10' - in three sections - and I felt that made it more complicated. But that was a one time effort - until my wood floors swelled with the humidity. But I'd probably have that problem with any table.

Go for it, I don't think you'll be disappointed.

aborning 07-20-2013 10:39 AM

My quilting friend has the HQ Avante. She has had it for about 2 years now and has had no troubles with it. She quilts for herself and has done several for others also --so she has used it quite abit already. I own a APQS and for the same price, you might want to look at the APQS Lenni. I have had my APQS Freedom for about 2 years now and have had no problems with it. My 2nd choice was teh HQ Fusion but decided to go with the APQS because it just "felt" better to me when I used it.

watson's mom 07-20-2013 08:36 PM

I bought the Avante 18 in April and I LOVE it. It's so smooth to operate and easy to boot. Their customer support is wonderful and available at all times. HQ has so many you-tube video tutorials it's like having an instructor in your quilting room with you. For the first time ever my free motion actually looks like free motion, nice round curves and no cross-over lines. Be sure to look up Jamie Wallen tutorials for longarmers, they have so much common sense info especially for beginners. Good luck with whatever you buy.