Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Baby Lock Quilters Choice machine (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/baby-lock-quilters-choice-machine-t34495.html)

quilt-fanatic 01-18-2011 12:51 AM

I bought the Babylock Quilter's Choice (floor demo model) 2 years ago for $879.00. The dealer has been good to work with. I have difficulty winding bobbins on it - thread seems to get loopy, and make sure you get the wlaking foot included - it costs $75.00 if you have to buy one! I've taken the class, but only used a few of the decorative stitches.

mudsprite 02-09-2011 10:58 PM

just a year late. I found with my machine that everything kind of goes foofoo when I don't clean out the lint in and under the race, which is the part that holds the bobbin. So I stop at beginning, middle and end to clean out and my qc is happy.

Dooneygone 06-29-2011 03:32 AM

The Juki 98, the Brother 1500 S, and the Baby Lock Quilter look almost alike. Depends on what you can afford. I could only afford the great price I gave on Amazon for the Brother and I am so happy with it. Pauline

judylg 06-29-2011 04:19 AM

I have the Baby Lock Quilters Choice, have had it nearly 5 years, enjoy sewing with it. I love the automatic threader and scissors. The only thing I would change is a larger area for rolling a large quilt in when quilting. It is a wonderful machine, my dealer is closeby if I have problems, which I have had. It is good to not have to go far, when things are out of whack on a machine. I have thought what I should do, a new machine would be great, but not sure I would gain enough of what I use to warrant the cost.

Quiltgirl26 06-29-2011 11:36 AM

I have one and love it! It's easy to use and has great bells and whistles.

judylg 06-29-2011 12:48 PM

I totally agree with you. They are very good machines.

Quilter7x 06-14-2016 08:57 AM

Though this thread is six years old, I'm looking at a used one at the local sewing shop. These reviews are great!

Sugeyboo 09-04-2017 09:20 AM

Awesome machine

2 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by quilter2 (Post 735645)
Does anyone have a Baby Lock Quilters Choice and do you like it? I looked at one on sale today at a local shop. Thinking of replacing my Singer.

It's a great machine! I use it on an older Grace frame and it works like a charm. I bought it used and it's like a tank as far as durability and it makes such nice stitches. It's so dependable and it has a metal case which makes it nice for placing a magnetic pin cup on top while I'm pinning the quilt to the leader cloth. I didn't know much about it when I bought it but I love it now.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]580037[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]580036[/ATTACH]

Sam Jeffery 12-29-2018 07:42 PM

I have the Baby Lock Quilters Choice Professional, have had it nearly 10 years, enjoy sewing with it. My issue is that it just started squeaking and squealing the manual says to oil it if it gets loud, but this does not help, has anyone else had this issue ?

Cari-in-Oly 12-29-2018 11:34 PM

Originally Posted by Sam Jeffery (Post 8183646)
I have the Baby Lock Quilters Choice Professional, have had it nearly 10 years, enjoy sewing with it. My issue is that it just started squeaking and squealing the manual says to oil it if it gets loud, but this does not help, has anyone else had this issue ?

Then you haven't oiled the source of the squeak. There are usually many more oiling points in a machine than the manual shows.

Cari