Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Babylock Crescendo! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/babylock-crescendo-t248821.html)

beaglelady 06-21-2014 08:56 AM

Babylock Crescendo!

I finally got my Babylock Crescendo - I am so excited! Thank you so much to everyone who helped me make this momentous decision. (ha ha) I LOVE my Crescendo. It is just a wonderful machine. The dealer I bought it from does not know much about it as he has never sold one before, so I am on my own - no lessons. Luckily the manual is very easy to understand so I have been working my way through it. If any of you Crescendo owners have any tips you can send my way it would be very much appreciated. So far I like everything about it, especially the needle threader and laser beam. The free motion quilting is great. I still have lots to try but I sure am having fun learning! Woo Hoo! :thumbup:

mrsponcho1 06-21-2014 09:29 AM

Congratulations on your new toy!!!!!!

Grandma Bonnie 06-21-2014 09:30 AM

Congratulations! Sounds wonderful!

quiltin-nannie 06-21-2014 09:40 AM

Good for you! Have fun with it! That is the one I have been looking at, and my dealer has a great sale going on right now. Did anybody ever negotiate when buying a machine? They have it on sale for $4500 (down from $4900), but I am thinking maybe seeing if I can get it down to about $3800.

Lucio 06-21-2014 10:54 AM

Originally Posted by quiltin-nannie (Post 6767745)
Good for you! Have fun with it! That is the one I have been looking at, and my dealer has a great sale going on right now. Did anybody ever negotiate when buying a machine? They have it on sale for $4500 (down from $4900), but I am thinking maybe seeing if I can get it down to about $3800.

They negotiate just like car dealers! If there isn't much movement on price, see how many things he will throw into the deal. Also consider how much free service and classes are in the deal.

michelleoc 06-21-2014 12:17 PM

beaglelady - congratulations!! That's what I have and you are going to love it!!
quiltin-nannie - lucio is correct, just like car dealers!! When I decided what to get, I had made up my mind exactly what I was willing to pay. They weren't going to give me enough for my trade in, so I kept my machine, told them what I wanted to get the machine for, and then the haggling began. They went to management, who said they couldn't do that price, so I thanked them and walked away. Shortly after I got home, they called me and continued to haggle. They finally got down to what I considered a reasonable price, and I went back and got the machine! Lucio made another good point, what classes, etc are they willing to throw into the deal?

Marsh 06-21-2014 01:00 PM

You will love it. My husband gave it to me for our 50th WA. The woman who did the class for me didn't know the machine at all. But the gals that work in the sales dept. told me I can have as many classes as I wish through one of them. This machine is beyond my wildest dreams - just finished a quilt label this a.m.- that is fun to make.

MadQuilter 06-21-2014 01:42 PM

I have the Baby Lock Espire and thought for sure that I was done buying sewing machines. Then I saw the Crescendo and that beam light has me fascinated. It is on my wish list for sure. So congratulations on your new addition and I wish you two many joyful hours.

psychonurse 06-21-2014 02:27 PM

Congratulations, I am sew happy for you. I can only dream.

Onetomatoplant 06-21-2014 02:36 PM

Sooooo envious! I'm treating myself to a Crescendo in three years, but it's hard to be patient. Please keep us posted (pun intended!), and let us know how you like the laser pen thing. Enjoy!