Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   babylock tiara (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/babylock-tiara-t205661.html)

grma33 11-11-2012 04:32 AM

babylock tiara

anyone have this how do you like it
Thanks Gale

joysewer 11-11-2012 06:32 AM

A friend from guild who shares her refinished barn quilt studio for us to do charity quilts in just bought one a couple weeks ago and so far she loves it!!

DogHouseMom 11-11-2012 06:40 AM

I've only tried it, have also tried the HQ Sweet 16 (which is the same machine). I want one SO BAD!!! I need to justify the cost for a machine that *only* quilts. I've been thinking about it a lot lately. The more I think about it, the closer I come to justifying the cost!

I personally did not like the stitch regulator ... I preferred to adjust the speed control at the top to what I wanted to do and had very good luck with that. I even dropped the speed to 25% and did some micro-stippling.

If you are serious about getting one, check prices on both the Baby Lock and the HQ Sweet 16 as they are the same machine. HQ makes them both, Baby Lock re-badges it under their name. I priced them both at the DesMoines show and the HQ was a slightly better deal.

Karen's Kreations 11-11-2012 06:43 AM

I have the HQ Sweet 16 and I love it.

Bebe2Ten 11-11-2012 08:45 PM

I got my Babylock Tiara last week, so I'm still practicing. But I love it! I looked at the HQ Sweet Sixteen and the Tiara (they are the same machine). I was quoted an excellent price by the HQ dealer, but I had some concerns about dealer support. So I went back to my Bernina/Babylock dealer (where I have a long-time relationship) and asked if they would match the HQ deal, including the fall incentive package offered by HQ. My dealer came through for me once again, and included the TruStitch. I am so loving this Tiara! I will do a baby quilt this week. Betty

Krisb 12-08-2012 11:28 AM

I was quoted $5,000 with the stitch regulator and bobbin winder and open toe foot. Is that a good deal?

sewmary 12-08-2012 11:56 AM

Originally Posted by DogHouseMom (Post 5649331)
I've only tried it, have also tried the HQ Sweet 16 (which is the same machine). I want one SO BAD!!! I need to justify the cost for a machine that *only* quilts. I've been thinking about it a lot lately. The more I think about it, the closer I come to justifying the cost!

I personally did not like the stitch regulator ... I preferred to adjust the speed control at the top to what I wanted to do and had very good luck with that. I even dropped the speed to 25% and did some micro-stippling.

If you are serious about getting one, check prices on both the Baby Lock and the HQ Sweet 16 as they are the same machine. HQ makes them both, Baby Lock re-badges it under their name. I priced them both at the DesMoines show and the HQ was a slightly better deal.

So exactly what I would say! Unfortunately no dealers for either one are close.

If only there really was a Santa!

neenee586 12-08-2012 02:27 PM

I was quoted $4495. for the Sweet 16 and that didn't include the stitch regulator. I think there is a $200 charge for shipping. I didn't know the bobbin winder & open toe foot weren't included.

neenee586 12-09-2012 08:49 AM

Originally Posted by Krisb (Post 5706351)
I was quoted $5,000 with the stitch regulator and bobbin winder and open toe foot. Is that a good deal?

Were you quoted this at a show or a shop?

Jerudy 12-23-2012 10:51 AM

Just picked up a Babylock Tiara, I was the same way, tossing between the Sweet Sixteen and the Tiara, since the shop had one in stock, and offered free financing, it was in my car and on the way home in an instant. We just got it all set up this morning, I had to do some rearranging in the sewing room, and set it up with no trouble, the only thing I didn't set up was the stitch regulator, it is on back order, but I think I can wait a week or two for that. I really didn't think I wanted that in the first place, but since it came with the package, I thought, why not?