Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Baddd Guild Meeting can Bring you Downnnn!!!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/baddd-guild-meeting-can-bring-you-downnnn-t2481.html)

O WHO?HookEMWe'rebetternU 09-26-2007 06:12 PM

:x I had a baddd experience at a guild meeting and grant you it was in Hot Summer but some people are just not open to new Ideas and not friendly or even say Hello!! and Put your new Ideas down and Does anyone Know what to do with them ,What do you say?? Do you ignore them just to be Polite????

Country Quilter 09-26-2007 06:23 PM

I'm probably stepping out of my bounds here...I dont' belong to a guild (other than message boards...they are my guilds!)

but what exactly happened....I think you need to explain a little better than you did...details?

O WHO?HookEMWe'rebetternU 09-26-2007 06:48 PM

:x :cry: :cry: :cry: Ok you are all in a group showing your quilts and there's new ones and old ones and they clap and oooo and ahhhhh to all the old ones quilts and never gave the new ones anything except whispers of disapproval and the old ones had brought the same quilt over and over again now I don't think it was fair and ya know some of those new ones haven't been back, me I don't know why but I went back to see if they'd show the same quilts again and they did, :roll: :-o :-o :roll: :?

lin 09-26-2007 06:53 PM

I don't believe I've ever been to a guild meeting where they applauded certain quilters while showing outward disapproval of others. That just seems so odd to me. I'm honestly having a hard time trying to imagine that. As "clique-y" as my guild had gotten from time to time, they've always supported anyone who was willing to show their work. How sad for the members of your guild, Hook.

Country Quilter 09-26-2007 07:01 PM

Well, thats too bad that happened....I feel sad for ya...I know I wouldn't like that either...dont' go back! LOL Easier said I'm sure.....can you find another one? maybe a better one?

Cathe 09-26-2007 07:05 PM

Maybe an artists' guild or group?

You can always show off your quilts here in the pictures forum!

live2teach 09-26-2007 08:11 PM

How awful! It almost sounds like junior high. It is hard to imagine anyone being so closeminded that they don't accept a newbie's ideas and opinions. IT sounds like the guild your in rarely gets newbies or cannot keep them. I hate this for you! Is there any other guild you can join?

patricej 09-27-2007 01:15 AM

go to one more meeting. when it's your turn, get up in front. take a deep breath ... and give 'em a loud, long

TTTTTTTTHHHHHHHHHHHHHPPPPPPPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!

then walk right out and don't go back.

the creeps :x

Suz 09-27-2007 04:52 AM

Go back!! Kill then with kindness! Smile, smile and greet everyone whether anyone responds or not. And when you observe whispers after showing your ideas, politely ask if there is some they would like to share with you and the others present. This response will put them on notice that you "see" their whispers. Tell them you are there to learn and can take their criticisms/suggestions as well as praises.

Good luck.

Suzanne

lin 09-27-2007 07:34 AM

I like your attitude Suz! ;)