Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Baileys Home Quilter (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/baileys-home-quilter-t40499.html)

Luv2sew4fun 03-23-2010 05:16 PM

Does anyone one own a Baileys Home Quilter "long arm" machine. If you do.... What are the Pros and Cons of this machine.... Price looks good, but is the machine????

Barb_MO 03-23-2010 05:29 PM

I don't have one, but thinking about buying one.

IrishNY 03-23-2010 06:32 PM

I just got my Bailey's 13" this past weekend. I bought it from someone who couldn't use it due to health reasons but it isn't even a year old yet. We set it up and I have been playing on it - it sews like a dream. I have the stitch regulator and I like that too. I am only using it for my own quilts, not commercially. For that purpose, I could not see spending $7000 or more for one of the machines with a lot more features. It has all I need and it sews beautiful stitches. Two thumbs up from me!

Luv2sew4fun 03-23-2010 06:49 PM

I know what you mean. I quilt for myself and friends... No need for an expensive set up. Thinking about the 15 or 17.... Would love to get one used....

Barb_MO 03-24-2010 05:32 AM

Originally Posted by IrishNY
I just got my Bailey's 13" this past weekend. I bought it from someone who couldn't use it due to health reasons but it isn't even a year old yet. We set it up and I have been playing on it - it sews like a dream. I have the stitch regulator and I like that too. I am only using it for my own quilts, not commercially. For that purpose, I could not see spending $7000 or more for one of the machines with a lot more features. It has all I need and it sews beautiful stitches. Two thumbs up from me!

What frame do you have with the Bailey 13?

IrishNY 03-24-2010 03:40 PM

I have the Little Gracie 2 frame.

littlehud 03-24-2010 06:52 PM

Originally Posted by IrishNY

I am so envious. That is the machine I want. I'm so glad to hear you love yours. I'll keep saving. Maybe next year.

IrishNY 03-25-2010 02:54 PM

I got a great deal. I saw it first on the Bailey Quilting Machine group. Then I saw it on Craigslist. It was about 2.5 hours from home but within 15 minutes of where one of my daughters goes to college. Keep checking craigslist around you - they're out there. If you're patient, you find a deal too.

wvdek 03-25-2010 03:00 PM

Green with envy here, too.

craftybear 03-26-2010 04:55 PM

Congratulations! Have fun with your new toy!