Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Batiks (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/batiks-t168802.html)

Surfergirl 11-18-2011 03:38 AM

Batiks

Those of you who have purchased Batiks from Connecting Threads and Thousands of Bolts, how would you compare the two. I've only purchased from Connecting Threads and was wondering if there was much of a difference...the price seems to be pretty much the same.

janRN 11-18-2011 03:52 AM

I'm one of the few on here that doesn't like ConnThreads batiks--the colors are beautiful but one of the reasons I use batiks is because of the "body"; I like the firmness, no raveling, sharp creases when pressing. I have found CT batiks to be very thin, they ravel, and the strip cuts were very wonky. I've ordered many, many times from Thousands of Bolts and I think their batiks are excellent. They have tons of choices and shipping is very fast. Their batiks hold their shape and color after many washings. Downside: I've never seen a coupon for T of Bolts but the prices are, like you said, pretty much the same. Quality is not the same IMHO.

Candace 11-18-2011 07:49 AM

Originally Posted by janRN (Post 4692893)
I'm one of the few on here that doesn't like ConnThreads batiks--the colors are beautiful but one of the reasons I use batiks is because of the "body"; I like the firmness, no raveling, sharp creases when pressing. I have found CT batiks to be very thin, they ravel, and the strip cuts were very wonky. I've ordered many, many times from Thousands of Bolts and I think their batiks are excellent. They have tons of choices and shipping is very fast. Their batiks hold their shape and color after many washings. Downside: I've never seen a coupon for T of Bolts but the prices are, like you said, pretty much the same. Quality is not the same IMHO.

I agree with Jan!!!! CT batiks just don't compare to quality, named brands of batiks that you can get at the LQS or Thousands of Bolts. If they're the same price, it's a no brainer;>

crafty pat 11-18-2011 09:40 AM

I love the name brands I get from Hancock's of Paducah.

DebraK 11-18-2011 09:44 AM

I concur with this assessment.

Doreen 11-18-2011 09:48 AM

Me, too! The quality isn't as good.

fabric_fancy 11-18-2011 10:24 AM

i have to agree with this.

i purchased a few yards of CT batiks to check them out because people here rave about CT - the quality is so bad i would only use their batiks for backing on wallhangings and never on something i plan on selling.

Originally Posted by Candace (Post 4693913)
I agree with Jan!!!! CT batiks just don't compare to quality, named brands of batiks that you can get at the LQS or Thousands of Bolts. If they're the same price, it's a no brainer;>

Nanaquilts44 11-18-2011 10:39 AM

I have bought batiks from Thousnads of Bolts and like the quality. Haven't purchased any from CT.

Lori S 11-18-2011 10:51 AM

Hands down Thousands of Bolts has much better quality for Batiks, they really only carry Brand name manufactures.

jljack 11-18-2011 11:14 AM

Haven't bought batiks from TofBs, but have many times from CT. I don't like batiks to come feeling waxy. I like CTs batiks because of the soft hand, and I think they are just as nice as the ones that come waxy, but feel thinner after washing. And they all ravel....no matter the brand!