Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Beautiful surprise (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/beautiful-surprise-t1069.html)

ceannastahr 05-11-2007 02:39 PM

unbelievable you are so lucky to get such a great find a worthy cause. Did you think about the possiblilty of some type of auction on the find and maybe raise some money so you can make more quilts for those in need

mpeters1200 05-11-2007 06:42 PM

We are going to take the bow tie top and use that for our yearly raffle. We aren't quite sure what to do with the wagon wheels. At the moment we are making sure we have all the pieces and will make a 5 x 6 type of quilt with 30 blocks. They are quite large in size. I didn't measure them, but they look about 14-16 inches square. Maybe larger.

sarah333 05-13-2007 05:19 PM

well its like christmas and winning the fabric loto, how wonderful

mpeters1200 05-13-2007 05:26 PM

One of the gals from the group wants to finish it, but it may take a while. Once it's completed I might just have to figure out how my camera works to post it here. Just imagining the pieces I've already seen to make a complete quilt make my heart warm. The gal actually has quite a bit of older tea stained muslin that looks like a perfect match for what our "angelic" quilter used. I hope it all works together!!

mimisharon 05-17-2007 04:12 AM

Seems to me these wonderful GIFTS are being directed by the angel builders.......you'll have no problem figuring out how to do anything with it all.

God Bless you and your group!!

mpeters1200 05-17-2007 05:10 AM

Our group recently added to what we normally do. In addition to handing out quilts in the event of a fire. We also:

1. Provide fabric, clothes and homemade teddy bears to the facility for unwed mothers.
2. Provide clothes and other items to the battered women's shelter/counseling place.
3. Provide homemade bib's, lap robes, and stuffed animals to nursing home residents in our county.
4. Provide quilts to families who have lost their homes to tornadoes. (this is the newest addition)

We are just busy, busy, busy. Our club runs entirely on donations. Sometimes outsiders donated things for our yearly yard sale, or they bring over bags of stuff and hope we can use it. We raise money only once a year for our yard sale and raffle quilt. All of our thread, notions, quilt tops everything is supplied by the members. There are 10 or 11 of us I think. We also feed the community lunch each week kind of like a senior center does in the rest of this area.

I'm off to "work"...but I love it...

~M~

Knot Sew 05-20-2007 04:39 AM

God bless you and the work you do :D

susan s. 05-21-2007 07:50 AM

I'm drooling! I know it will work out perfectly however you'all finish them, and by the way I think your find is more like the equivalent of finding $1000.00 in the washer. :thumbup:

mpeters1200 05-21-2007 08:54 AM

Sometimes I still can't get over it. I have to take the next couple weeks off from club due to a scheduling problem, but I have many more things to organize once I return. I don't know if I'll find another wonderful treasure...but maybe some nice pieces.....