Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Beeswax....Just so ya know! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/beeswax-just-so-ya-know-t145695.html)

Kas 08-16-2011 09:38 PM

I was at Joann today and planned on getting some new beeswax to give it another try after the long thread on here. Well, it is .30cents cheaper in the quilting notions isle than the regular notions wall! The only difference is the color of the package. Why is that? Neither was on sale.

Painiacs 08-16-2011 09:42 PM

Ha! That's funny!

auntpiggylpn 08-16-2011 09:58 PM

It depends on the sku # I have a friend that works retail and light bulbs in the grocery section are more expensive than if you get them in the hardware aisle. The packages have different sku #'s on them, that's how they know where you got them!!!

dforesee 08-16-2011 09:59 PM

I found the same thing to be true at Hancock's with leather thimbles. They are 14.00 in the quilting notions section and 12.00 in the regular notions ... for the exact same product, same packaging and everything. Do they think quilters are stupid? It really offended me and I asked about it once and was told it "depends on when the shipment arrived." That didn't make sense to me at all.

dforesee 08-16-2011 10:00 PM

Okay, I can understand the SKU keeping tracking of which section you are buying from, but why would the price have to be different two aisles over for the exact same product?

Pickles 08-16-2011 10:09 PM

Originally Posted by dforesee
I found the same thing to be true at Hancock's with leather thimbles. They are 14.00 in the quilting notions section and 12.00 in the regular notions ... for the exact same product, same packaging and everything. Do they think quilters are stupid? It really offended me and I asked about it once and was told it "depends on when the shipment arrived." That didn't make sense to me at all.

It is outrages , and thats why I go buy a pair of leather work gloves and just cut of the finger of one to use and that way I don't have to even brother with there over charging me.

auntpiggylpn 08-16-2011 10:23 PM

Because the light bulbs in the grocery section are a convenience item. Convenience = higher price.

wenot 08-16-2011 10:38 PM

Originally Posted by Pickles

It is outrages , and thats why I go buy a pair of leather work gloves and just cut of the finger of one to use and that way I don't have to even brother with there over charging me.

What a great idea!!

Pickles 08-16-2011 10:42 PM

Originally Posted by wenot

Originally Posted by Pickles

What a great idea!!

Thanks it is so much cheaper and works every bit as well . :-D

christina d 08-17-2011 03:12 AM

I bought mine on line direct from the bee keepers it is about $1.00 to $2.00 a nice little block and it lasts forever