Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Bernina 820 BSR update (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/bernina-820-bsr-update-t210037.html)

SuzieQuilts 01-04-2013 05:19 AM

Bernina 820 BSR update

I have read on this board about the Bernina 820/830 BSR skipping stiches when quilting. I too, had the same trouble. It was not catching with the bobbin thread every so often. My tech put a heavier spring in the BSR and I have only taken a few rows on the frame with it, but no skipping. Just thought I would share that with the group. I guess time will tell if that was the overall solution.

BellaBoo 01-04-2013 06:24 AM

There is a Bernina dealer about 2 hours from me and it's a great quilt shop. I was shopping there right after Christmas and one of the employees was on the phone calling all the people that had bought a Bernina model that had an update to be sure and bring the machine in for it and not wait for problems. Be sure to put that on your list of things to ask about before buying a machine from any dealer.

Candace 01-04-2013 09:06 AM

I just don't understand why all these BSR units are going out the door without the new spring installed in the store? I got mine a little over 2 years ago and everyone "knew" about it needing the upgraded spring, but no one offered it to me, I had to bring the BSR in and specifically ask for it. Then it only took the tech 15 mins. to do it.

BellaBoo 01-04-2013 09:50 AM

Originally Posted by Candace (Post 5761647)
I just don't understand why all these BSR units are going out the door without the new spring installed in the store? I got mine a little over 2 years ago and everyone "knew" about it needing the upgraded spring, but no one offered it to me, I had to bring the BSR in and specifically ask for it. Then it only took the tech 15 mins. to do it.

I think that is pitiful, lazy, greedy, and down right sorry of the dealer to not keep their machine customers informed especially when the customer spent thousands if dollars. You know darn well the dealer can have every machine customer's contact info when they buy a machine. Just plain don't care after you spend the money is shameful.

Jackie Spencer 01-04-2013 01:55 PM

Is it just the new BSR? I have had mine for 4 years and use it alot and have never had a problem. Nearest dealer is 3 hours away. The place I bought mine has gone out of business.

Candace 01-04-2013 04:00 PM

Originally Posted by Jackie Spencer (Post 5762150)
Is it just the new BSR? I have had mine for 4 years and use it alot and have never had a problem. Nearest dealer is 3 hours away. The place I bought mine has gone out of business.

Maybe yours was updated before it was put in your hands.

SuzieQuilts 01-04-2013 06:15 PM

In defense of my tech person, she is filling some pretty big shoes. I have delt with the same Bernina Dealer for over 25 years and he is wonderful to work with. About 4 years ago, his right hand man, who was his tech person, passed away from cancer, he hired a new tech person, and she has worked her tail off to learn the trade. They are a small business in a small town, and do not sell very many 820/830's so she is learning as she goes. I really feel the problem is not local, as pityful, lazy, or greedy are words I would never use to describe my local dealer, as he has gone out of his way to help me, and done many things for me free of charge.