Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Bernina's Extra Feet???? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/berninas-extra-feet-t199967.html)

SuzieQuilts 09-08-2012 07:53 PM

Bernina's Extra Feet????

I have read several posts mentioning how expensive it is to purchase Bernina's extra feet. Am I missing something? I have owned several Bernina's for over 25 years, including a serger, and have only needed to purchase one extra foot; the walking foot for my 930. All the other feet came with the machines. My 930 does not have a 1/4 inch foot, but I don't need it. I have a mark on the machine to follow. The other machines came with walking feet, 1/4 inch, and any other foot I could think of.

Candace 09-08-2012 10:09 PM

I don't understand what your question/statement is? Other people need feet for different sewing needs. It's nice you don't feel the need to purchase feet, but I know I need certain feet for specific purposes.

nellie 09-09-2012 01:28 AM

same here i,ve brought several extra feet for my bernina 730 artista ,i guess they send only the basic feet but if you get into more sewing you need more feet

gollytwo 09-09-2012 01:37 AM

A lot of feet came with my 1030 too. But I too purchased additional feet.
The 1/4" and the walking foot seem to be the only ones I use, but I wanted the others just in case.
And, yes - they were very expensive.

QM 09-09-2012 02:31 AM

I bought a lot of extra feet for my Bernina. 3 years later, the motor died. This was after a bunch of other problems. I will never buy another Bernina.

Drue 09-09-2012 04:19 AM

Don't know about Bernina, But I purchased some extra feet for my machines from ebay and the prices were some cheaper than the local dealers.

Tartan 09-09-2012 04:33 AM

My Bernina came with most of the feet that I needed. Are there some others I'd like, sure. I would like the couching foot, piping foot, circle attachment, felting foot and plate but I can't justify the cost for the few times I would use them. I did purchase the magnifying lenses because I needed them.
I think the 550? Comes with snap on feet so they are less money. Make sure that you know which kind of feet you are buying because the 8?? comes with different feet too.

CanoePam 09-09-2012 05:21 AM

If all you do is quilt, you don't need many feet. If you do general garment sewing, heirloom sewing, or lots of home dec work, more feet are handy tools. I look at a foot as a tool to help me do something faster. I could do everything with a zigzag foot, but applying piping or doing pin tucks or doing a blind hem is an awful lot easier with a good foot!

Bernina feet are expensive but they are high quality. I am still regularly using some I bought 20 plus years ago. Of course, it is probably obvious that I do a lot of different types of sewing!

Pam

ghostrider 09-09-2012 05:35 AM

Piping, cording and pin tucks are used on some quilts as well, and it's nice to be able to add them as easily (and professionally) as possible when the urge strikes. I'm slowly checking off my 'foot wish list'...too slowly, regretfully. :(

alleyoop1 09-09-2012 10:01 AM

If the feet you have for your Bernina work for you, that is great. I do more than quilting. I do embroidery, art quilting and garment sewing so I use many other feet. It all depends on your need.