Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Bew to board (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/bew-board-t90.html)

SewSew2 11-21-2006 04:18 PM

I am so glad to find this message board and looking forward to all the help that will be posted. I was wondering if any of you did embrodiery work to your quilts. I am new to quilting and embroidery so looking forward to reading the post.
Beth

Knot Sew 11-22-2006 05:52 AM

I would say do what ever you want. I want to do some blocks using fabric paint..post a pic when you do a square or two

GeeGee 11-22-2006 09:11 PM

Beth, I love embroidery combined with quilting. A couple of years ago I made a quilt using Alex Anderson's Romance Redwork. It's one of my favorites.

SewSew2 11-23-2006 06:36 AM

GeeGee.

I tried to open the photo of your red work quilt but could not....want to see it, so if you can send to my e-mail address it would be great. I think the first of the year I will attempt one. With the holdidays I want have time to do anything. I have asked for a new embroidery machine for Christmas. I currently have a Bernina Deco 650 and the sewing field is only 4x4. I have a Phaff for regular sewing and happy with it. I want a Janome embroidery but no dealer close by. Thinking about the Bernina embroidery only machine.
If possiable send me the photo.
Beth

GeeGee 11-24-2006 07:55 PM

1 Attachment(s)
SewSew2, I'll try to post it here...wish me luck! :D

foxxigrani 11-25-2006 06:45 AM

oooooo I love your Romance to Redwork its beautiful. I did one similiar to that in almost the same pattern and colors of snowmen. I didn't use the same pattern of the snowmen twice, it was fun and something I am really looking forward to doing more of. I made both of my grandchildren bear quilts one in a green and brown and the other in pink and brown, that were done up in the redwork blocks. It was so much fun. I love doing redwork for quilts because it gives me hours of things to do with my hands while sitting and watching TV with the hubby. They are like that you know, like to have you in the room, or I would bury myself in my sewing room each and every night. I am looking to do some more blocks real soon just havent' decided on a pattern yet.

Yes to answer your question I am sorry. You can do anything you want with the embroidery, in fact they are your quilts do anything you want period. Thats what I love about quilting.

Rita

GeeGee 11-25-2006 08:21 AM

Thanks so much Rita, I love redwork for all the reasons you've listed (and yes, our DHs do need to have us in the room) :roll: . A snowman bluework quilt is on my list of things to do. I love the pink/brown combination, don't know why I haven't applied it to embroidery. I'd love to see some of your work! It's great to get inspired by other quilter's creations.

SewSew2 11-25-2006 08:33 AM

GeeGee your work is beautiful....such creativity and perfection. I have been making the tops for a year and half and see so many that makes mine looks like Ned and The First Reader. LOL What I need most is a buddy that will make me, do things right. I am not a patient person and my work reflex it......however I don't get discourage. Others work keeps me challenged.

GeeGee 11-25-2006 09:34 PM

You're too kind, Beth. I wasn't very creative in this case. I bought a kit and followed the directions to a T. :D I'm usually not very creative at all, in fact...except in my fabric and color choices. I mostly like traditional quilts, so somebody decades ago designed my quilts for me.

kathy 11-26-2006 04:36 AM

is Redwork any embroidery that's all done in red?