Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Bi-line quilting frame (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/bi-line-quilting-frame-t123344.html)

peppermint 05-15-2011 04:42 PM

Has any one have or had used a Bi-line quilting frame.
I have a chance to purchase a HQ 16 mid arm machine with the Bi-line frame. She also has the table frame but does
not have a table. Thanks for any help you can give. O She is asking 5000.00 for machine and both frames.

icon17 05-15-2011 07:50 PM

Originally Posted by peppermint
Has any one have or had used a Bi-line quilting frame.
I have a chance to purchase a HQ 16 mid arm machine with the Bi-line frame. She also has the table frame but does
not have a table. Thanks for any help you can give. O She is asking 5000.00 for machine and both frames.

I have the B-line Studio frame its a wood floor model with square rods insead of round rollers. I've only had it for a few months (3) so I have noticed that the rods bow in the center, But in the directions there are ways to firm them up when you have it set in a very long way such as 10, or 12 ft and the Studio will do up to 12ft and a 18inch long arm sewing machine or your 9inch Juki, I use a 9 inch Viking Mega Quilter on mine. 8-) Just so you know a B-line frame cost was just under $1400. +shipping new from the Makers in Canada.

peppermint 05-16-2011 06:44 AM

Do you have much vibation with the frame. Is it easy to put together? I would be running and HQ 16 on it. My concern is the weight of the machine causing bending in poles.

BKrenning 05-19-2011 07:49 PM

The weight of the machine doesn't affect the bending of the poles. The weight of the quilt you've got rolled up on the take-up roller will make it bow but the square poles B-Line uses easily slip inside the round EMT conduit you can buy at any home improvement type store. I used my B-Line Studio model for many years at 10' & 12'. I used it with a 40 pound sewing machine on top of a 20+ pound PC Quilter and I had Max Throat which added another 5 pounds to each cross arm and the weights used by Max added another 6-12 pounds to the center support. I believe the HQ 16 weighs around 40 pounds so you'll be fine.

The only problem I ever had with my B-Line Studio frame was the unlevel, carpeted, concrete basement floor it was sitting on and then I only had issues after we went to 12'. It just refused to stay level and had to be re-adjusted after every quilt. The added stress of Max Throat made it "walk" a little. I had no problems before adding Max & I didn't have the bowing problem until I loaded an extra long twin that was heavy flannel front & back but that was easily fixed with the EMT conduit over the takeup roller.

soccertxi 05-19-2011 09:59 PM

my 1st frame was a B-line table top model. I used one of the brown 10 ft tables and had no vibration to speak of. I started off with a Juki and upgraded to an HQ16 and loved the combo. I have a Gammill now as I wanted to have the capability to do bigger quilts. I sold my set up to a friend and she uses it all the time. I added conduit to my poles too and velcro to make it easier to load my quilts.

linken 07-04-2014 04:31 AM

The maker of this in British Columbia Canada is no longer in business.