Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Big Shot Pro (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/big-shot-pro-t155263.html)

CarolinePaj 09-23-2011 01:43 PM

Hi Guys,

Does anybody have the big shot pro? Can you tell me what you think about it...... how it cuts fabrics etc.

Hugs

Caroline

craftybear 09-23-2011 01:59 PM

never heard of it before

cherrio 09-23-2011 03:35 PM

my sister has one. loves it! but she does not use it much for fabric so I cant vouch for that. she is a scrapbooker

Dolphyngyrl 09-23-2011 05:21 PM

I have the big shot, not the pro but the smaller one, and it cuts fabric really nicely. I am waiting for their quilting dies to be back in stock

gale 09-23-2011 05:49 PM

I have the big shot pro westminster edition. So far (I've only played a little with it-I'm in the midst of a deep cleaning in my sewing room) it is much easier to use than the Go.

emmy 09-23-2011 06:25 PM

I've done some research and for quilting you want the Big Shot Pro Westminster that gale mentioned. Have read a lot of positive review about it.

CarolinePaj 09-26-2011 12:03 PM

Thanks guys!

Hugs

Xtgirl 09-26-2011 12:06 PM

I just ordered the Westminster big shot pro from overstock after researching for weeks..I watched some videos on YouTube and you can use go dies with it too. Heard that it's comparable to the studio in build quality, but won't take the largest studio dies. I bought it based on price, price of dies and ability to use other companies dies. Now I just need to figure out which strip dies to buy....

clsurz 09-26-2011 12:32 PM

I have the Westminster Edition one. It's as good or almost equal to the Accuquilt Studio.

Now I have used the Big Kick, Westminster, the AccuQuilt Go and now the Studio. There are pluses and minuses for each one depending on what you want to do.

I have used the Sizzix Big Shot Pro Westiminster Edition quite a bit and love it and have even used the GO dies in it however I must warn that I guess there is a reason each has it's quirks. Although the GO dies will work and cut on it you have to adjust higher or lower the padding to be able to cut and if not careful you can ruin some of your Go dies but than again I have purchased the Big Shot Dies for and they are made even cheaper than the Go dies. I've bought some of the Big Shot quilting dies and for the money it is not worth it. Stick with the Go dies.

The best dies are the Studio ones because they are made of wood, foam and blades. Also the studio dies depict the photo on reverse wooded side.

Now as far as which machine cuts the best and with great ease it is the Studio one and even the Westminster can't compare to it.

I have found also the pads for the Big Shots get used up much faster and are more prone to breakage over the Go or Studio pads. The Studio pads are acrylic like the Big Shot but seem to be a better quality. The Go pads are sort of a rubberized and seem to last much longer.

If pricing is what you are determining on I say get the Westminster over the Go machine unless you want to be able to carry it with you around the house or to guild meets.

My having waited and negotiated when I bought the Westminster last year I was able to get it for $258 which included shipping.

A couple weeks ago I was able to buy the Studio for about $350 with free shipping. I bought it because I could not resist the price and also the fact that it has dies I wanted that can't be used in other machines.

Xtgirl 09-26-2011 02:20 PM

Ok now I'm worried...everything I read said the Westminster was awesome...you can use studio dies in it right. If I could have bought e studio at 350 I would have jumped at it, but I was seeing 500+ and just couldn't do it...I hope I don't regret my purchase:(