Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Black Friday frustration!!! ;-) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/black-friday-frustration-%3B-t78835.html)

Pzazz 11-26-2010 01:06 PM

The closest Joann's to me is about 1/2 hour away. I work today, so no nipping off to shop in the store. No problem, says I to DH....I'll just shop online!!! Right. Their site is so swamped, every time I click on "go to checkout", it crashes!! AAAGGHGHHH I have been working on trying to get 3 things ordered since about 9:30 this morning...now 3:00 PM. And...I WILL persevere. And I WILL get this order in before the day is done!!!! :D Thank goodness it is a slow day at work and I can keep trying!!!! LOL

Happy Black Friday, everyone.

Patti

justwannaquilt 11-26-2010 01:10 PM

I hate dealing with online crowds like that! VERY frustrating. Good luck!

bj 11-26-2010 01:36 PM

I've been trying to print the coupon all day. Finally gave up, went to JoAnn's for some batting for a QFK I'm ready to finish up, didn't see any sale sign on the batting. That's ok, I needed it. I picked up 5 pkg so I wouldn't have to go back for a few days. And lucky me, it was on sale 1/2 price! I was so excited. Wished I'd picked up a few more, but I left some for somebody else to find and be surprised! I suspect they aren't the only ones with online issues today.

seamstome 11-26-2010 01:38 PM

It only crashed on me twice. Got my order through though at about 915am

brighmet 11-26-2010 01:46 PM

I was just at JoAnns. When I got my cutting number (#67) they were only only #27. I thought I would go and look while I was waiting. Big Mistake!!!!! I was looking at the Viking department. Their sewing feet were 20% off. I had been wanting a new adjustable walking foot. Ending up sending $100 on that. Then the clerk told me all in stock embroidery designs were 75% off. I contained myself and just bought 1 for $8.00

2 hours after arrving I left with $200 less than I had when I went in.

Tis the Season!!!!!!!!!

Pzazz 11-26-2010 01:47 PM

Woohoo!!!!! Only took 6 hours to get done!!! LOL

Patti

pookie ookie 11-26-2010 01:50 PM

Check that the sale prices are showing up in the cart before completing the order. I had 5 sales items turn into full price items in my cart. The big ticket items were fine.

lanagan 11-26-2010 02:03 PM

I just ordered on line about an hour ago and had no problem.

Good Luck!

Skyqueen30094 11-26-2010 02:27 PM

I stood in line in HHgregg to get a stove stood for 1 1/2 hrs they said all the credit card companies or at least visa and mastercard were experiencing problems and it was taking at least 5 minutes to swipe credit cards...I would have walked out but the range was 1/2 off $700 off they started taking cash at certain checkouts now who carries $700 cash on them on black friday at 4:30 am? but I got my new stove smooth top with double oven

dgsmom 11-26-2010 04:34 PM

sorry you are having trouble. i have the same problem with my internet because of low signal strengh it goes old very fast.