Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   blanket stitched triangle quilt (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/blanket-stitched-triangle-quilt-t224393.html)

DOTTYMO 06-24-2013 02:31 PM

Thanks for the picture I have never seen that pattern and method before.

ckcowl 06-24-2013 02:47 PM

sounds like you need Pearle Cotton thread- I have it in many color in size 8 & 12 (I have some 3 & 5 but those are pretty thick) many companies carry it- our local joannes carries some colors. just search embroidery threads. Evening Star Designs, Primitive Gatherings and Sue Spargo all carry it too.

soosanrs 06-25-2013 04:55 AM

3 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Tartan (Post 6140550)
Can you post a picture? It kind of sounds like the one where you sew two squares together leaving a small opening for turning right side out where the corners meet in the center? A square of batt is inserted into the hole and then the opening is stitched shut. The squares are then hand stitched together and it makes a reversible quilt that appears to be triangles?

Here is a picture...I know a picture is worth a thousand words!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]421012[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]421017[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]421019[/ATTACH]

Cyn 06-25-2013 05:00 AM

Oh wow! I have never seen anything like that before. I have made puffy quilts and wonder if it's the same idea? How are the triangles sewn together? I assume they are whip stitched together. I like it!

soosanrs 06-25-2013 05:37 AM

Originally Posted by soosanrs (Post 6142315)
Here is a picture...I know a picture is worth a thousand words!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]421012[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]421017[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]421019[/ATTACH]

It is a very portable project - which is really nice. There are long strings attached to the finished triangles which I assume is for attaching them. I was hoping someone would have an idea as to how they are attached. I figure there was a trick. They are whip stitched together thru the blanket stitches - it looks like she did it twice thru every stitch but I can see the pattern or how she did it with those long threads?

soosanrs 06-25-2013 05:46 AM

Originally Posted by soosanrs (Post 6142446)
It is a very portable project - which is really nice. There are long strings attached to the finished triangles which I assume is for attaching them. I was hoping someone would have an idea as to how they are attached. I figure there was a trick. They are whip stitched together thru the blanket stitches - it looks like she did it twice thru every stitch but I can see the pattern or how she did it with those long threads?

correction: can't see the pattern!

nuffsaid 06-26-2013 03:17 AM

You can use perle cotton size 12. DMC has it in 40 colors, and Joann's has a sale on it right now for 30% off--now $1.95 for a ball of 131 yards (sale is good for only a couple more days--and you might have to order it online). Carolyn

joym 06-26-2013 06:25 AM

I made one of those many years ago...I stuffed them with old panty hose!! In those days, hose ran every time you turned around so I had a good supply. I whipped stitched the triangles together with double thread. I don't have it anymore....I wonder if it is still "out there" somewhere...:eek:

AZ Jane 06-26-2013 07:00 AM

Is it possible they are actually crocheted together??

cpcarolyn 06-26-2013 07:01 AM

Interesting method. Good luck.