Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Block of the month question (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/block-month-question-t3667.html)

newquiltertoni 12-18-2007 05:07 PM

Anyone can do the block of the month correct? Do you just do it and post your pic or do you swap them? I am a little confused but curious. I would like to try them but still new so I am sure there are a few I wouldn't be able to do yet..lol.

ShellyQ 12-18-2007 05:23 PM

Yep, you're right on the nail Toni :thumbup: , any one can do them, I have had alot of fun making the BOMs on here, and if you get behind like I do, it's no worries cause they,re always waiting for you when you're ready. You keep your own block so you can make them in the colours and fabric you wish and there's no pressure, you only need to do the blocks that you want to do. You can post a pic of your block if you are able and willing, please do if you can, cause we all love to see everyones different interpretations of each block, that's half the fun :P .

Also if you want to join the list to select a block all you need to do is PM patrice and ask, you don't have to be on the list to make the blocks. Hope you really enjoy making the BOMs and have alot of fun with them over the coming year :P

Chele 12-18-2007 05:54 PM

Yes, newquilter, anyone can do the block. They're great fun and provide you with practice piecing. I'm still kind of new at it, so my blocks look a little wonky, but I'm still proud of them!

Please give them a try. And if you have any trouble, just ask questions. The quilters on this board are pros all the way. I've learned SO MUCH! They are so good! And willing to share their expertise!

I started the blocks months ago but I wish I had used coordinating fabrics. I'd have half a quilt by now! I started the December 1 block with coordinating fabrics, so I'm hoping to have something to put together in six months. Just a thought...but it's also fun with your scrap fabrics!

jbsstrawberry 12-18-2007 06:19 PM

I've only participated in one of the BOM projects. It was sooo pretty I just had to try it. It was my very firstest block ever, and is s-l-o-w-l-y becoming my very firstest top! I'm going to try very hard with the new year, to keep up with all the BOMs. The was thanks to the wonderful folks here and their inspiration that prompted me to try my first one after researching quilting and techniques to death!!! Give them a try, and have tons and tons of fun!!!

zyxquilts 12-18-2007 09:46 PM

Yes, Toni, you can join in at any time on the BOMs! Do the ones you want to try, save some for later...make them at your own pace! If one looks too scary to try now, go on to the next one. Maybe in a few months you'll want to come back to that other one.

And Chele... they don't have to coordinate! Go wild!!! I KNOW you can do that! LOL

:D

mimisharon 12-19-2007 06:51 AM

Toni, DO join in, anytime. As you've read the sky's the limit and you can do what of them you want. We've all learned so much from them.....enjoy.

Happy Quilting,
Sharon