Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Book recommendations for new Quilters (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/book-recommendations-new-quilters-t70408.html)

carolaug 10-16-2010 01:22 AM

I highly recommend the Book Still Stripping after 25 years by Eleanor Burns (Hard cover for around 18.00 on Amazon) for those just beginning to quit. I am new to quilting and a friend recommended this book to me. It's wonderful! It begins by describing all the tools essential to quilting then explains how to begin quilting. The books begins with simple patterns and then progresses to more difficult patterns. The illustrations are incredible and the instructions are simple. Highly, highly recommend this book!!! It's Perfect for a beginner quilter!

PegD 10-16-2010 02:31 AM

I love your avatar. I used to have Siamese cats, and miss them.

carolaug 10-16-2010 03:22 AM

Thanks...we love her too...she is not like most siamese cats. She is very quiet, loves to be around us, but not a lap kittie and only likes being held for a short period of time. she does love to be in the same room as us and loves, loves watching me sew.

Originally Posted by PegD
I love your avatar. I used to have Siamese cats, and miss them.

CarrieAnne 10-16-2010 03:58 AM

Your kitty IS beautiful. My Aunt Jackie always had siamese cats, they were always so sweet and friendly!
Thanks for the book recommend!

sewingladydi 10-16-2010 05:03 PM

Fon & Porter's Quilter's Complete Guide. I refer back to that book again & again.

carolaug 10-16-2010 05:08 PM

I love you puppy...what kind is he/she?

Originally Posted by CarrieAnne
Your kitty IS beautiful. My Aunt Jackie always had siamese cats, they were always so sweet and friendly!
Thanks for the book recommend!

Sweeterthanwine 10-16-2010 08:04 PM

Originally Posted by sewingladydi
Fon & Porter's Quilter's Complete Guide. I refer back to that book again & again.

A friend recommended this book to me when I started quilting. I refer to it all the time. I still consider myself a novice when it comes to making quilts.

carolaug 10-17-2010 02:40 AM

Thank you!!! I am going to check that one out.

Originally Posted by Sweeterthanwine

A friend recommended this book to me when I started quilting. I refer to it all the time. I still consider myself a novice when it comes to making quilts.

judylg 10-17-2010 03:09 AM

I agree with the books reccommended, but I find the most helpful for me since I took up quilting is a class. I always learn something, well worth the money.

carolaug 10-17-2010 03:31 AM

Thanks for the recommendations....I just purchased it this morning. Hardcover, 33.00 on Amazon. Love the internet!!! Thanks again...I am building a mini library of quilting books.