Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Bounce Ironing Spray (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/bounce-ironing-spray-t192285.html)

Tartan 06-20-2012 08:11 AM

Bounce Ironing Spray

I love the effect of the spray but the scent is making my asthma act up. I wish it came in unscented because I can't use it as it is. Anyone else having a problem with it?

Cybrarian 06-20-2012 08:32 AM

Haven't used it and only know Best Press unscented from personal experience. I know it's not cheap, but better and less expensive and certainly safer than a health issue, right? Hopefully there is a similar unscented product someone can recommend. Take care!

jcrow 06-20-2012 08:40 AM

I keep forgetting to look for Bounce spray at Walmart when I shop there. But if the scent is overpowering, I'm not sure I want to use it. I might try one bottle.

QuiltnNan 06-20-2012 10:02 AM

i'm not asthmatic, but am sensitive to scents. so i usually take the cap off at the store to sniff if i'm buying a new product. hope you can find something that suits you.

davis2se 06-20-2012 10:26 AM

Write to the customer department of Bounce. explain your issue and ask if they have a no-scent variety. If they do have one they can let you know how to persuade your local distributer to stock it, and if they don't, inquiries about a non-scented variety might spur them to develop one.

cheezythequiltmaker 06-20-2012 10:32 AM

If you have allergies I would go for a plant mister from the garden store ( or re-use an empty spray bottle of the bounce stuff well washed out) fill it with filtered tap water. would be a lot cheaper too.

becks

Prettiptibbs 06-20-2012 10:34 AM

I love using the spray but I also find the scent overpowering!

Quiltaddict 06-20-2012 12:57 PM

Wish I could help but I haven't been able to find the Bounce spray anywhere here and I've looked at lots of different stores that their web site says have it.

BellaBoo 06-20-2012 01:19 PM

I find the Bounce ironing spray to milder then the Best Press. I noticed at Walmart yesterday there was a $1 instant off coupon on the Bounce Spray. I bought a case of it when it first came out when it was a store special.
I haven't had a problem with the scent affecting me in any way but I don't have allergies or asthma. I'm not even allergic to poison ivy or oak. Interesting every one I have met that isn't allergic to the poison ivy family does not have allergies. I ate a buck eye when I was child and some poke berries and never got sick. Poke berries taste horrible by the way. Worse then acorns. LOL. None of my kids have allergies but DH has some and the Bounce spray doesn't bother him. I haven't seen it in unscented.

Mitch's mom 06-20-2012 01:46 PM

I have Asthma so I was concerned about the scent of the Bounce spray. I can't stand the dryer sheets but the spray didn't seem to bother me.

On a side note: I wanted to see how the Bounce spray stacked up against the Best Press. I used a 4x4 square of un dyed muslin for my test. I sprayed each piece until wet ( probably overkill but I wanted an equal application) then ironed each piece with a dry iron. They both got rid of the wrinkles in about the same time, however, the muslin ironed with the Best Press was noticeably softer than the one ironed with the Bounce spray. I kept the bounce spray in my sewing room and took the Best Press to use in the morning for pressing my work clothes. I also tested Magic Sizing, Faultless Spray Starch and Niagara Spray Starch the same way. The products that stayed in the sewing room are the Faultless Spray Starch, the Niagara spray Starch and the Bounce spray.