Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   bouncing machine (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/bouncing-machine-t800.html)

ceannastahr 03-21-2007 01:53 PM

I think I saw something some where once about this problem but here I go anyway. I use my sewing machine on my dinning room table now ( because my sewing room is temporily occupied by my son) when I'm sewing it seem to slide away from me and does a little jig as its leaving. Any sugestions on how to keep it in one spot. I'm getting tired of chasing it.

Country Quilter 03-21-2007 01:57 PM

I would say...same as the foot control tip on a vinyl floor...use that rubber shelf liner! I don't have this problem (I put two rubber door stops behind my machine to lift it up to tilt it for eye sight problems) so mine doesn't slide...but I can see where that would happen!

Susan F 03-21-2007 02:41 PM

I use a place mat, or something that is about that size. AKA a small wall quilt.

kathy 03-21-2007 02:45 PM

make sure it's on a steady part of the table (like over the leg)

Knot Sew 03-22-2007 05:34 AM

I took my bath mat with the suction cups on the bottom works good

triciasquilts 03-22-2007 07:28 AM

Ruth, I like your idea about the bath mat. I would of never thought of that. I have the same problem on my quilt table with a bouncy machine, so I finally put one of my old cutting mats under my machine and it seems to help. I also have a measuring grid right there too. I'm still trying to get my husband to cut a hole for a drop down machine. I think he's scared to do it!!!

Tricia

Joyce 03-22-2007 10:36 AM

I buy those place-mats that look like non-slip shelf liners. Three for $1.00 at the Dollar store.
I also use them under my computer keyboard.
I have lace cloths on my end-tables that were always moving(cloths, not tables). I cut some white ones to fit under the lace. Worked great.
Works good on the floor under foot pedals, too.
Also works for under my piece of Corian, (from a garage sale) that I use to cut the backs off my books that I bind. Keeps everything right where I want it.
Joyce

june6995 03-22-2007 03:30 PM

Dollar stores also sell rubber sink mats. I have used one under my serger for years. My sewing machine does not creep but the foot control will creep across the carpet. Since I am sewing in the living room, the sink mat does not look too good, but the Rubberamaid shelf liner is really great since it grips on both sides and I can cut it to fit. We are a creative bunch.
June

ceannastahr 03-22-2007 04:38 PM

Well i bought a roll of the rubber shelf liner and its working great under my machine. Thanks so much for the help. Then I took a piece of it and put it under the the thread caddy I made for my emboridery machine now it doesn't fall off the stand if I it accidently hit it. Also like the hint about the keyboard too. Amazing all the things I have stuck in place for a dollar. Thanks everybody your all great in my book.

Country Quilter 03-22-2007 04:52 PM

I have so much of this stuff....I use it everywhere.... we bought it for our motorhome cupboards and then bought more for home! I have a coffee table that lifts and the tabletop sitting on the base would "vibrate" and rattle everytime somebody walked thru the room so I stuck a couple of small pieces of it under each corner of the table top and now it doesn't rattle anymore! It is great stuff!