Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Brand New BabyLock Symphony (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/brand-new-babylock-symphony-t206840.html)

maminstl 11-24-2012 02:46 PM

Brand New BabyLock Symphony

I was at the local fabric store today and walked out with a brand new sewing machine. At the moment, I have my turkey soup, and my laptop out looking at the boards. As soon as the soup is gone, I'm ready to dig into the manual and figure out what I just bought. Any other Symphony owners out there - any tips or advice on my new machine would be very welcome. I'm excited to get going, but starving - so got to eat first!

quiltnut4ever 11-24-2012 02:59 PM

Congratulations on your new baby! I own 2 babylock sewing machines, one serger and one babylock embroidery machine the Spirit. Enjoy they are so user friendly!

sandilee 11-24-2012 04:17 PM

You just brought my dream machine.....good luck! Wish I had it!

vondae 11-24-2012 05:10 PM

I have the Babylock Serenade & I love it. I don't know much about the symphony but, I'm sure it's got to be a great machine. Have fun with your new baby.

Dolphyngyrl 11-24-2012 05:40 PM

I used to own the espire( one before the symphony) for several years. It is a lovely machine, very user friendly lots of awesome features, was my fave before I upgraded in sept to an embroidery combo. You shouldn't have any problems, and she FMQ very beautifully with the AHA feature. I hope you enjoy yours as much I enjoyed mine foor almost 3 years of having her. Just dive in!!! You will learn as you go the new features.

cmilton 11-24-2012 06:32 PM

Symphony is a fine machine, you will love it. very user friendly.

Cybrarian 11-24-2012 06:38 PM

My sis loves hers! I covet hers and now yours!!

Bevsie 11-24-2012 07:19 PM

Hi,

I have a Symphony, got her when they first came out (two years this fall) and I absolutely positively LOVE it!! I just can't think right off the top of my head what I love about it the most as I basically have no negative issue with it at all. It sew through layers like nothing, is so user friendily, threads like a dream, and just has so many features I know I haven't used them all yet!
If you have any questions or anything I can help you with don't hesitate to contact me, probably by PM as I don't always get on here to read posts.
You will love your Symphony. I also have the Elegante2 that I use for embroidery mostly...but did get my Symphony because I loved sewing so much on my Elegante....very similar machines in features other than the embroidery.
I think you will be so happy you went to that local fabric store and walked out with your machine!
Bev

kathdavis 11-24-2012 08:19 PM

I own the Brother Lauren Ashley that is the twin to the Symphony. I have owned it for over two years and I love it. It has a nice size throat, a lot of decorative stitches, an awesome lettering mode which I use on spit rags, and it came with many, many feet. When you use the clip on table it came with, it gives you a nice working surface. It is very user friendly. I think you will love it.

JustAbitCrazy 11-24-2012 09:35 PM

I bought the Babylock Serenade this year and am in love with that machine. I think you will quickly fall in love with your Symphony. Have fun and create nice things!