Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Brother PQ1500S vs. Juki TL-2010Q (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/brother-pq1500s-vs-juki-tl-2010q-t233982.html)

KittyD 11-04-2013 10:44 AM

I have the Brother and just love it. I rarely use any other machine to piece or quilt. And, as others have pointed out $350 is a great deal.

AngeliaNR 11-04-2013 02:32 PM

I have a new Juki--had her about a month, and I have to tell you that I'm already addicted to the foot control cutter! After the first few times I accidentally hit it and scared myself to death, that is! :) That being said, my former machine was a small Brother--not big enough to quilt much on--and I never had any problems with it.

Yarn or Fabric 11-04-2013 02:36 PM

I am a Juki 2000 owner... I love, love, love my Juki... that being said... $350 and it is practically new? I'd say run to the bank and grab it. New they're about $600. Was it a person who thought it would be a great thing to put on a frame and quilt with it?
You will get so much more done with it once you get used to the speed and controlling the fabric at the speed. It's sweet. I swear when I do sew, I get a lot done faster now that I have my Juki. You won't regret the Brother I'm sure :)

Belfrybat 11-04-2013 02:57 PM

I have the Brother because I found it used for a great price. Almost brand new. I tried the Juki at the store just before I found the Brother but didn't try the foot operated cutter. I don't know how much better that would be than the button I press. My hand is very close to it and so it's no problem to reach up and press it. At $350.00, I'd grab it quickly.
The Brother is an almost exact clone of the Juki (2000? I believe), they are a basically the same machine.

Shelbie 11-04-2013 04:25 PM

I have the Juki and really like it. It is fast, powerful and doesn't jam on several layers or chew up fabric at the start. It has two thread cutting buttons, one on the foot pedal and one on the machine and a needle threader. It sews so much better than my Janome 6500.

Candace 11-04-2013 09:44 PM

Originally Posted by Yarn or Fabric (Post 6386897)
I am a Juki 2000 owner... I love, love, love my Juki... that being said... $350 and it is practically new? I'd say run to the bank and grab it. New they're about $600. Was it a person who thought it would be a great thing to put on a frame and quilt with it?
You will get so much more done with it once you get used to the speed and controlling the fabric at the speed. It's sweet. I swear when I do sew, I get a lot done faster now that I have my Juki. You won't regret the Brother I'm sure :)

I guess I look at it that saving a couple hundred $ may be risky with no warranty:< The person who bought it passed away.

Candace 11-04-2013 09:45 PM

I think the best machine would be a pin feed WITH foot controller/cutting! I wonder why this hasn't been incorporated in one machine yet...