Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   brought it back home with me (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/brought-back-home-me-t124513.html)

huntannette 05-20-2011 02:20 PM

had left a quilt to be quilted about two months ago and hadn`t heard anything from the guy.....went to check in on him today....an hour and a half drive away and he hadn`t started yet....just finished the same one that was on his frame when i brought mine in soooooo i took my quilt back home with me...dang....what will I do.....i have pieced 8 tops so far since January and not one is quilted...you see i`ve only handquilted and don`t want to do all of this....dang darn it....I will have to try machine quiting....still scares me...i know , i know...i must!!!

eastermarie 05-20-2011 02:24 PM

Is there another longarm quilter in your area? You might check the Trade Journals, or Newspaper ads, or check with a quilting guild, maybe the local library knows of a quilt group you could get in touch with. If you have to do it yourself, stitching in the ditch is a safe easy method of quilting.

suebee 05-20-2011 02:35 PM

Originally Posted by huntannette
had left a quilt to be quilted about two months ago and hadn`t heard anything from the guy.....went to check in on him today....an hour and a half drive away and he hadn`t started yet....just finished the same one that was on his frame when i brought mine in soooooo i took my quilt back home with me...dang....what will I do.....i have pieced 8 tops so far since January and not one is quilted...you see i`ve only handquilted and don`t want to do all of this....dang darn it....I will have to try machine quiting....still scares me...i know , i know...i must!!!

Charismah here on the board does beautiful work. There are several here that do. Just a thought.

QuiltnNan 05-20-2011 02:36 PM

what a disappointment. might think of this as a great opportunity to challenge your skills. jump in and try one. good luck.

huntannette 05-20-2011 02:40 PM

not too many up here but i had intentions on checking....there is a new quilt shop opening up in town ...will see what that will bring

Originally Posted by eastermarie
Is there another longarm quilter in your area? You might check the Trade Journals, or Newspaper ads, or check with a quilting guild, maybe the local library knows of a quilt group you could get in touch with. If you have to do it yourself, stitching in the ditch is a safe easy method of quilting.

huntannette 05-20-2011 02:44 PM

.....It`s just that it must be quite expensive to ship from here...i`m in northern ontario canada , then have them ship it back....plus cost for quilting...wish i could afford it , believe me!! lol I really must try and do some myself...wish i had a sewing machine with a bigger throat though...

Originally Posted by suebee

Charismah here on the board does beautiful work. There are several here that do. Just a thought.

huntannette 05-20-2011 02:45 PM

I must try...i`ll finish piecing the one i`m working on now then i will give it a shot!!

Originally Posted by QuiltnNan
what a disappointment. might think of this as a great opportunity to challenge your skills. jump in and try one. good luck.

craftybear 05-20-2011 02:52 PM

good luck and have fun quilting them, you can do it, I have trust in you

maybe you could post a note on the board to see what longarm quilters are in Canada from the Quilting Board site

I must try...i`ll finish piecing the one i`m working on now then i will give it a shot!!

huntannette 05-20-2011 03:02 PM

ahhhh good idea!!!

Originally Posted by craftybear
good luck and have fun quilting them, you can do it, I have trust in you

maybe you could post a note on the board to see what longarm quilters are in Canada from the Quilting Board site

MinnieKat 05-20-2011 03:03 PM

Maybe you should get a long-arm for yourself ... then you can quilt for other people also. Just a thought...