Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Busy, Busy, Busy (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/busy-busy-busy-t93075.html)

Airwick156 01-23-2011 08:25 AM

Well this has been I suppose a busy week of sewing for me. I am so proud of myself. Last tuesday evening, I was in my sewing room, which is actually our spare bedroom, and gathered up all of my piano key left overs from making the fabric Flings in batiks. And decided I would sew them all together in rows and after the fact, I saw a Chinese Coin quilt which is pretty much what it is without me knowing that. LOL
So I sew the piano keys into 10 long strips of 50 each. And I put a small black sashing in between them. I have only one more row to sew on but decided to take a break from that. But I will finish it here in a little while. Top only as I don't have the spare money to buy backing or batting at this time.

Then I come across my pattern for a Bento Box. This is the first pattern I have ever read, half understood, and succeeded at cutting the fabric correctly. WOOHOO!!!

So, I got one great big huge section of it done. Sat here this morning and pinned and sewed and ironed what seemed like a gazillion more units for it. I know I don't have enough to finish the top, although I might have if I just do it as a wall hanging or a crib size quilt.

I have also dug out some WIP's that I have had for the past couple years that I have been quilting all quilt tops, but just small ones. And I completed the tops of those. There are quite a few of them. So I have been busy, busy, busy.

I am hoping that, by finishing the tops of all of those WIP, and the Bento Box, that maybe I can sit and find a nice pattern to use with the fabrics that I scored in the laundry room this past week. I don't want to make something "to easy" but yet I dont want something "to hard" yet either.

So how has your week been? Have you been productive? Have you been busy little bees too?

stpatmom 01-23-2011 08:30 AM

i was able to get a lot done this past week also. not sure I got as much done as you, but the biggest project was cleaning my sewing room yesterday. it took me over 4 hours! I didn't realize I had so many scraps! I guess ihave enough for scrap quilts for the rest of the year!

geckogirl 01-23-2011 08:35 AM

What an inspiration!!! I am currently laying in bed with my DH snuggled up next to me. I was sitting in the living room on the laptop but thought I heard his phone go off and came in to see if it woke him up ... it had not gone off but he was slightly awake and asked me to come back to bed and just bring the laptop. Since our house will have a new addition in about 8 weeks I could not say no :) So I sit here, browsing the board, with a snoring husband curled up next to me and a baby girl pushing on the laptop that I have to keep shifting off my stomach LOL

(We work different hours and almost NEVER have a day off together and this weekend we have had BOTH days off together)

Airwick156 01-23-2011 08:37 AM

Cleaning your sewing room IS A BIG accomplishment. Mine needs cleaning again. Wouldn't be so bad if the room I had was BIGGER then it is.
I had an uncle weird man he was...I mean really weird. He lived in California and he wanted a pool table. What he wanted he got. What his wife wanted she DIDN'T get. He was cruel to her anyways, He wanted a pool table. So he got a pool table. And this is where he put it.
He hauled EVERY SINGLE THING they had in the living room to the dump EVERYTHING and put it in the middle of their living room. Can you imagine that? His wifes name is Karen and what is really sad is that he never called her by her given name. He always called her Bi***!!! And that is actually how he would introduce her to people. Such a jerk he was. He's gone now and so is the pool table. :)

jeanau 01-23-2011 10:41 AM

:) Enjoy these moments before the baby!