Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Buying fabric online (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/buying-fabric-online-t204984.html)

ckcowl 11-04-2012 02:37 AM

i've bought bolts & bolts of flannels on line over the years- i've been very happy with most- i purchase most from fabric.com- i read the descriptions- i purchase medium to heavy weight- prefer double sided flannel (both sides are brushed/soft---single sided is thinner, with only one side brushed)
many on line sites have a (swatch) program...you can order swatches of the fabrics you are interested in- then you have the swatches to refer to in the future.
benartex double sided flannel is my all time favorite flannel- the woolies flannels are next- (i think moda offers the woolies-but i could be mistaken)

In the woods 11-05-2012 06:07 AM

I recently made a couple of flannel quilts with fabric I had accumulated over several years (use up the stash). I needed some large pieces for the back so I went on line. After looking at many sites with some rather ugly flannels (sorry) I decided I should look at a site in an area where they would make more flannel quilts (it's cold there), so I went to Big Horn Quilts is Wyoming. I found two beautiful floral flannels which just fit the bill and the price was reasonable. More than I had paid years ago for the flannel in the tops, but reasonable compared to others (except Connecting Threads). They came very quickly and the quilts are tied and finished and keeping us warm. I really like Big Horn.:o

karenpatrick 11-05-2012 06:57 AM

I got some from Connecting Threads and was very happy with it. It was on sale, too.

gollytwo 11-05-2012 07:28 AM

You might also try Hancocks of Paducah

luvstoquilt301 11-05-2012 08:17 AM

I LOVE Moda flannel. I made DH shirst out of it and they look great after a hundred washings.

norwalkgma 11-05-2012 01:21 PM

Flannel World .com is just flannel and lots of it! Quality is good and price is average - Check it out.

aab007 11-05-2012 05:28 PM

This isn't exactly following the thread here, but can you tell me the name of the pattern of the quilt you have pictured with your name? It is gorgeous!

aab007 11-05-2012 05:32 PM

Sorry, I'm new at forum participation. I thought my question would go directly to the entry I was on, but it didn't. Can anyone tell me the name of the quilt pictured by dunster?

leighway 11-05-2012 06:10 PM

I think, in defense of Fabric.com, they just moved their entire operation and I would bet they don't have their business procedures on place! I've used them often and they've always been wonderful but haven't had the need to buy from them since the move. Sorry you had trouble.

SherriB 11-05-2012 06:13 PM

I have bought flannel from Fabric.com several times. I have been really pleased with the quality of the flannel. Very little pilling and shrinkage. I made several rag quilts from their flannel and they are holding up really nicely. I used cheaper flannel from a walk-in store and was so disappointed with the quality. It faded and pilled badly.