Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Buying a new machine (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/buying-new-machine-t224100.html)

DOTTYMO 06-19-2013 11:05 PM

Buying a new machine

Buying a new machine is a very large outlet for some. They cost even more than furniture. You are able to pay later or monthly etc for furniture can we do the same foe machines which are just as necessary or use.
I would love the pfaff with a larger throat . My bernina is too small for a full quilt.

Some people want to quilt but the cost of the machine is the off putting item. Lets face it to begin quilting is very expensive with mats cutter and rulers and as a result some shops do. Beginners packs of these tools.
But machines just want full cost straight out . They are the only area I know it happens.

Mitch's mom 06-20-2013 01:42 AM

Most dealers offer financing. It may not be at the best interest rate but some offer 6 or 12 mos. same as cash during promotions.

Nilla 06-20-2013 02:44 AM

I've paid cash up front for all my machines, but the dealer did have a payment plan available. They did give me a discount for paying cash on my bigger machines.

I have Pfaffs. I think the financing is through Pfaff, not the dealer, but I'm not positive about that. Sometimes they advertise 0% financing sales.

PaperPrincess 06-20-2013 04:52 AM

In the states, most sewing machine dealers have a payment plan. Seems to me that the manufacturer backs it. Are you sure your dealers in the UK don't do the same?

Jingle 06-20-2013 05:52 AM

I didn't buy expensive machines and could pay cash. I know some shops offer payment plans here. I hope you can find a shop in the UK that will work with you.

CorgiNole 06-20-2013 05:52 AM

I took out a small, low-interest, personal loan from my credit union to finance 1/2 of my HQ Sweet Sixteen. I did not want to go the financing route with an outside company.

Cheers, K

ejpkam 06-20-2013 06:01 AM

Sewingmachineplus.com is awesome ! I got my janome 7700 and my HQ sweet 16 with 0 percent interest

janedee 06-20-2013 06:54 AM

its also worth looking on ebay and gum tree have been looking for a machine too and have seen some very good deals on there - I think some of the large sewing machine outlets offer finance but not sure which ones

Knitette 06-20-2013 07:20 AM

If there are any, then they've been keeping it a well-kept secret, lol! I would like to trade in my new Pfaff QE4 (we haven't bonded) for a Bernina, but don't think I'll have any luck. :( There's only one Bernina outlet in Scotland, so bit of a Hobson's Choice I'm afraid.

DOTTYMO 06-20-2013 10:52 PM

Originally Posted by Knitette (Post 6133226)
If there are any, then they've been keeping it a well-kept secret, lol! I would like to trade in my new Pfaff QE4 (we haven't bonded) for a Bernina, but don't think I'll have any luck. :( There's only one Bernina outlet in Scotland, so bit of a Hobson's Choice I'm afraid.

Hi Knitette,
I have the same problem . Dealers here have never offered me a choice but having said that I'm sure I saw an advert for somewhere in UK that did offer or was it a dream. We are so behind us in many areas of quilting.

All thank you for your replies .