Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Buying a used baby lock allure (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/buying-used-baby-lock-allure-t27404.html)

happy sewer 10-20-2009 01:15 PM

Hi quilter's,
I am new to the site. A baby lock allure is on the way to my house. I bought a used one. IT does not have a reader writer box. Does anyone know the details on how to download to an allure? IT has a memory card, I think. Hopefully the card already has designs on it. The man I am buying it from lost his wife. He is trying to explain what he knows about the machine. Lord wonder what I am getting myself into. I don't own an embroidery machine. So I need help. Can I have someone with a reader writer make a card for me?
I love reviewing all the information and looking at all the beautiful works of are posted on this site.
God bless you all.
Thanks for helpful information. Happy Sewer.

tuesy 10-20-2009 02:02 PM

Welcome!!!

Congrats on you new machine. Here's the Babylock site that will tell you what the Ellure does
http://babylock.com/embroidery/ellure/

primitivequilter 10-20-2009 02:12 PM

Hello! I am new to this forum. I signed up for the Doll Quilt Swap. I think it could be a lot of fun.

I have been quilting for over 30 years. I am a huge fan of primitive style quilts (Jan Patek, Blackbird Designs, and anything Moda).

Thank you for allowing me to participate.

oops - I posted in the wrong place. Sorry!

Shemjo 10-20-2009 02:53 PM

Hello, and welcome from Missouri to both of you! I hope you have lots of fun with your new machine! :lol:

mountain-moma 10-20-2009 03:37 PM

Welcome from W.v to the both of you, sure hope u have tons of fun with your new machine

happy sewer 10-20-2009 04:59 PM

I have previously studied that website. Still don't know if I understand it all. Maybe I need a keeper. Not a new machine. Ha.

Thanks for replying.

Have a great evening.

happy sewer 10-21-2009 05:21 PM

Thanks everyone. I have been looking at this site for a long time. Just never had the nerve to write. I feel like I know all of you from reading your remarks and viewing your quilts.

Debra Mc 10-24-2009 06:33 PM

I have an Ellure Plus. Mine has the USB so you can direct connect to computer to down load patterns. This is a pain because computer is in one room & sewing machine in another. I bought an Amazing Box Max. It has a card you download to from computer & then insert into side of machine. I really love my Max. Check the web for best prices. I bought mine from Allbrands.com out of Louisiana. You really need to find a local Babylock dealer & get them to check it out for you. Most of them will even show you how to use it. Good for them because you will want more hoop sizes & embroidery designs so it will benefit all of you. I really love this little machine. My first embroidery machine. Only drawback, it only goes to a 5 x7 or smaller. So I am upgrading to the Ellageo & trading this one in. It really is a easy machine to use. I have the embroidery down pat. The regular sewing bothers me. Had almost a year & am still learning stuff. If you have never machine embroidered before try & find someone to help you. Remember for every 10,000 stitches add layer of stablizer. If I can be any help just PM me & I'll do what I can.

happy sewer 10-25-2009 04:46 AM

Debra,

I don't have the machine yet. The guy who is selling it is going to throw in the pallette. It does digitizing. Whatever that is.
So with the pallette, if I understand correctly, I can make my own embroidery designs.
So do you like the the sewing part of the machine? Will it sew heavy fabrics ok?Does it have any quilting designs already programmed? I went to a babylock sewing center , the lady was not very helpful. I got the idea she wanted me to purchase the machine before she told me anything.
So does a memory card come with the machine or is it purchased separately?
I don't know what I am getting myself into.
Can I talk to you separately or do we just talk through this forum.
Sorry I don't know more about this.
Oh the guy with the illure also has an allegeo. He is keeping it for his granddaughter.
The feller in Lexington , Ky. with a sewing machine shop offered me great deals on machines. You might want to call him on the allegeo.
Thanks for replying.

Debra Mc 10-25-2009 07:46 AM

If you are getting the Pallette that is super. That thing is very expensive. Almost as much as the machine, maybe more. I'm not sure if the Pallette comes with a card. Surely it does. Cards are about $69. to $99. depending on where you buy it. The machine only has some built in embroiderey designs & letters fonts. They are nice & will get you started. I have used quite a few of them. There aren't any quilt designs though. The sewing is OK. My problem was with decorative stitches. I really need to practice more on them. It sews denium ok too. If you will PM me I'll give you my email address & phone number if you want & when you get machine I can talk you thru some things. This lady really had some investments. The Elleago is more than $4000.00 & Ellure retails for almost $2000. 00 unless you can catch a sale. The Pallette depending on which one you get is way up there in price. You are getting a good deal. I will try & help all I can Deb