Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   can anyone tell me the difference between these two? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/can-anyone-tell-me-difference-between-these-two-t184078.html)

damaquilts 03-26-2012 03:41 PM

can anyone tell me the difference between these two?

The Angler 2 and the Clearly Perfect Angles. I am looking to buy one or the other but in the pictures they look pretty near the same. So of course I come to the experts. :)

pinkberrykay 03-26-2012 04:38 PM

I have the Angler 2 and I love it. The Angler 2 is a stiffer plastic Im not sure about the Perfect Angles, but I think it may be more static like window clings. Hope this makes sense.

GreatStarter 03-27-2012 02:28 PM

I have the Angler 2 and love it. No experience with the other one you mentioned.

Kat

Lizzytish 03-27-2012 02:33 PM

I have an Angler and dont use it because I have a top loading bobbin and had to take the angler off every time I had to reload bobbin. Just a thought not sure what you.....

thimblebug6000 03-27-2012 03:05 PM

Originally Posted by Lizzytish (Post 5095180)
I have an Angler and dont use it because I have a top loading bobbin and had to take the angler off every time I had to reload bobbin. Just a thought not sure what you.....

Exactly why I don't use mine unless making a whole quilt of HST at one time.

ckcowl 03-27-2012 03:39 PM

they are simply made by two different manufacturers---choose the one thats the best deal-there isnt much difference in them-other than possibly the price

AliKat 03-27-2012 09:33 PM

I have the Angler 2. I like it better than whatever other similar product is out there b ecause the lines go diagonally on both sides of your needle and the sewing lines are clear. The symmetry helps me keep the seam correct and balances well with the sewing lines such that I feel I have 'extra' help in maintaining that straight seam. [I did teach math at one time, you all.]

I do put some painters tape down on the portion of the Angle where you start with your fabric beause I found that material would get hug up on that. That works for me.

ali

jaciqltznok 03-27-2012 10:19 PM

I have both and prefer the Clearly perfect, to me it is easier to see what I am doing. I still have to move it to do a bobbin, but since I use 60wt thread in the bobbin now, I don't have to change them often!

Steady Stiching 03-28-2012 03:26 AM

I just bought the angler 2 this week, and have not seen the Clearly Perfect. I've only played with it once to make a mess of HST's, they all look great and appear to be the same size, I have not sewn them together yet.
I think I would prefer something that was not so stiff. The HST's I made I used 2.5 inch strips and at that size you are in no mans land with no lines to get you "square" because of the size of the square when you start sewing(not too clear to you i'm thinking)

damaquilts 03-28-2012 03:26 AM

That's what I was look for Jacquie someone who had both. I realize its a personal perference but input is always good and the prices arent' that much different. I have also switched to the 60wt thread. I did try the bobbin thread that I bought in Joanns but recently purchased(got one free when I renewed membership in TQS) the Bottom Line and honestly I don't think I will ever use anything else.