Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Can you help me find this pattern? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/can-you-help-me-find-pattern-t220858.html)

yngldy 05-06-2013 09:43 AM

Divide the pinwheels into 1/4's and you can see a fence rail pattern with the darker print as the center rail and two lighter strips on either side. ALSO, the lighter strips have a half square triangle at each end, each done in a different color to make up the pinwheel. As you make the blocks, you need to make sure that the pinwheel part in the corner matches the adjacent block to make up the pinwheel, and that they are turned the right way. On one square, the rail is up and down, the next is sideways. At least that is the way I see it!

Nammie to 7 05-06-2013 09:55 AM

You ladies are a wonderful resource!!

marymm 05-06-2013 10:19 AM

I believe it is a quilt in a day signature pattern from Eleanor Burns, called Pinwheels & rectangles. The only difference is it doesn't include the borders. Use of variety of brights makes it look different!

AngelinaMaria 05-06-2013 10:28 AM

yngldy--I was picking out the details that you have noted. I think you have to keep the pinwheels un-pieced, put everything on a design wall and then start to very, very carefully contruct it as you noted.

Mickey1 05-06-2013 10:44 AM

Thanks for bringing this pattern to my attention! I love it and ordered it a few minutes ago. Now the search for fabric that is as adorable as those in the quilt!

Rosyhf 05-06-2013 11:03 AM

1 Attachment(s)
This is how I see it. The rectangle has to be in three pieces for this to work. I broke the block up for you. Hope it helps.

AngelinaMaria 05-06-2013 11:08 AM

Rosyhf--thanks for the visual. I think that makes the most sense and would certainly be the easiest to piece, but I'm pretty sure this pattern uses the large rectangles as one piece (the fabric design does not look "broken" by seams in any of the large rectangles). I was so intriged by this I ended up purchasing the pattern. Just waiting to get the pdf so I can satisfy my curiosity.

Thanks.

yngldy 05-06-2013 11:49 AM

Originally Posted by AngelinaMaria (Post 6048173)
yngldy--I was picking out the details that you have noted. I think you have to keep the pinwheels un-pieced, put everything on a design wall and then start to very, very carefully contruct it as you noted.

Right. The pinwheels are formed from the half squares that are in the corners of the outer strips. When the "rails" are put together, the corners form the pinwheel.

QM 05-06-2013 11:58 AM

I agree that the quilt is a lovely one. It is also easy to draw up if you don't feel like buying it. I would have assumed that the pinwheels were 4" or 6", from there, it is just counting squares.

krafty14 05-06-2013 02:16 PM

After staring at the picture of this quilt for some time, I begin to wonder if it is a computer rendering - like from EQ7. Everything is perfectly flat. The binding has exactly the same parts showing all around. And you can't see anywhere that the binding could be joined (unless they were able to match the pattern exactly at the joining. Sooooooo. I think that it is made in 4" squares (4" pinwheels, 4" 2 piece blocks, and 4" solid blocks). Anyone else think so? Ann

Guess so!! I didn't read all the posts. :o)