Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Cathedral Window-Join the Journey (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/cathedral-window-join-journey-t133552.html)

Fraew 05-29-2012 03:24 PM

Beautiful work all! :thumbup:

babyfireo4 05-29-2012 03:47 PM

I love all the different CW posted! Beautiful, would join you but my plate is full! Will have to be satisfied with living vicariously through you all :)

maxnme01 05-29-2012 05:13 PM

I'd love to join but if there's a bright shiney object or new quilt technique that catches my eye I'm outta here. You can only imagine my stack of UFO's. Oldest is a handquilted queen size that is 85% done from 1989. Get the picture? LOL Have fun!

TeresaPendino 07-25-2012 03:30 PM

Cw progress

1 Attachment(s)
It has been a while since I have updated. I have 11 out of 36 (units) complete and together. This has been hibernating for a while being I had a couple of other projects that had to take priority. I am having second thoughts on how I did things. I have only tacked my corners of the windows and did not go all the way through. With that said, now I am questioning durability. (visualizing something getting caught in the "pockets" and pulling them loose). As much as it makes me cringe to have to go back, I am considering going over the windows to go all the way through. On a positive note, I do have all of the base squares cut to complete the whole King size. Wished I could say I had them all folded and ironed, lol.

scrappingfaye58 07-25-2012 03:44 PM

I will join in!! I started one 5 years ago, when i won a trip to fly to Florida to the Daytona 500 and wanted a hand sewing project to take along with me.

My colored squares are from a lot of my guild friends, although I am not bothered if there is a duplicate or 2. In the end, mine will be queen size.

Faye

TeresaPendino 07-25-2012 03:51 PM

@scrappingfaye38: What an exciting trip you must of had! We look forward to seeing and hearing about your progress. At times, I find myself needing motivation to keep moving forward, lol.

dublb 07-26-2012 07:37 AM

It's lookin' good!:thumbup:

WilliP 07-29-2012 06:21 PM

I would look for a really lightweight shirting denim. The combination of folds etc. would make heavier denim unworkable in MHO (my humble opinion)

Originally Posted by blahel (Post 3581386)
what a great idea as I have been thinking of making a cathedral window for a while...my question would be this: I would like to make a handbag (or purse I think you call it) and use the cathedral window blocks in it. Would denim be too heavy a material to sew through? I have a blue batik with fish on it which I know my friend would love but have nothing else but denim to go with it.

PolkaBabe 08-04-2012 05:15 PM

Eddie's tutorial on this board is a very good one to use.

sew_Tracy 08-04-2012 05:18 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Oh, I am here...no two same centers and working on the next block now. Yours are so much neater!