Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   CCelebration Sampler Quilt from Junes Fabshophop PATTERN (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/ccelebration-sampler-quilt-junes-fabshophop-pattern-t131555.html)

Airwick156 06-18-2011 10:47 PM

Oh I am so excited. For the past couple of hours, I have been ironing and cutting fabric out for the Celebration Sampler. I want to start sewing it so bad right now that I can barely contain myself, but I promised myself I would not start sewing on it UNTIL ALL of the peices are cut. Well so far I have got all the white (light fabric) cut out, the blue floral, and the orange. There is no way that I will get it all cut out tonight, but I will tomorrow by golly. Just so that I can start sewing and its supposed to be 75 degrees out tomorrow so I will be able to sit on my patio and sew.

ragqueen03 06-19-2011 03:55 AM

don't you love the celebration sampler? i found all seventeen blocks and got them all printed out in a notebook. haven't started to make them yet. i was thinking of making them out of my stash to get a really scrappy look but also thought the blocks were so cute i wondered what they would look like done in blacks, whites, grays with a splash of red? i tend to not like the pastel colors as much as brights.

emerald46 06-19-2011 04:16 AM

Yep, I got them all printed as well. First time I even came close to completing the ShopHop...tiresome when I can't find bunny after 3 clicks. I stuck with it for the patterns.

babyfireo4 06-19-2011 06:49 AM

I love it to. Don't have them printed yet, just downloaded. Need to find the right fabrics (I'm with ragqueen03, not a big pastel fan)

Airwick156 06-19-2011 07:02 AM

It didnt take much fabric at all. I bought some fabric 1/4 yard for the florals and I didnt need that much just a few inches. And even for the white (light color) I hardly used any. And to think my husband told me it would take 3 yards HA!!! LOL

raedar63 06-19-2011 11:39 AM

Where do you get the finishing directions? I have found all of the blocks but am not sure how to finish the quilt.

Airwick156 06-19-2011 12:59 PM

Originally Posted by raedar63
Where do you get the finishing directions? I have found all of the blocks but am not sure how to finish the quilt.

I just printed out each of the patterns. Then I estimated h ow much fabric it would take...and by the way it takes 16 total fabrics. Then I cut each fabric to what the pattern says. I am going to go outside on my patio in a few minutes and start putting the blocks together according to what the pattern tells me. And I will have to wait till the assembly pattern is available to put it together. Unless I can figure out how to do it with just looking at the pictures.

JUNEC 06-19-2011 01:20 PM

Originally Posted by raedar63

I am still trying to find the bunnies - only half way through

cawsings 06-19-2011 07:08 PM

Were you able to start piecing today? This is my first machine pieced project and I attempted to do the Confetti squares today; however, when I measure them they're only coming close to 9". The instructions say "finished size: 9 inches." So, if I measure it now it SHOULD be 9 1/2, correct? Or do you think that it's another error in the pattern? How are yours measuring up? I just want to check before I start over. Thanks!