Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Center for Dresden plate (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/center-dresden-plate-t150818.html)

rosierosemaler 09-06-2011 06:23 AM

I need to find a good way to make that perfect circle the the center of the dresden plate. Any good ideas?

magpie 09-06-2011 06:24 AM

Trace around a glass or pill bottle. Anything close to the size you need.

CoriAmD 09-06-2011 06:26 AM

I use a circle template to trace onto interfacing, then sew this (right sides together) to the fabric I want for the center. Trim around with pinking shears to about 1/8" .. Cut small slit in interfacing and turn. Press well.
I have the plastic circle templates I bought from Joann's - there is 5 different sizes.

erstan947 09-06-2011 06:35 AM

Originally Posted by CoriAmD
I use a circle template to trace onto interfacing, then sew this (right sides together) to the fabric I want for the center. Trim around with pinking shears to about 1/8" .. Cut small slit in interfacing and turn. Press well.
I have the plastic circle templates I bought from Joann's - there is 5 different sizes.

This is what I do but I go to the Kitchen for my shapes:)

blueangel 09-06-2011 06:55 AM

use a glass or something else from the kitchen.

bluteddi 09-06-2011 06:59 AM

Originally Posted by erstan947

yep yep...... only way I have found to make a GOOD circle... many are adding a yo yo to the center of a dresden plate too

Buzzy Bee 09-06-2011 07:06 AM

make a template out of something like poster board
cut the fabric bigger than template (about 1/4 to 1/2 inch )
hand stitch around the outer edge of fabric
pull tight under to make it fix nicely around template, like making a yo yo
PRESS from the top
lossen thread
remove template
you should have a nice perfect circle to stitch to your your quilt !!!!!!

cjomomma 09-06-2011 07:08 AM

I'm glad you asked this question because I was wondering the same thing.

amandasgramma 09-06-2011 07:18 AM

I do the same as Buzzy Bee

emmamarie 09-06-2011 07:26 AM

I also

Originally Posted by bluteddi

Originally Posted by erstan947

yep yep...... only way I have found to make a GOOD circle... many are adding a yo yo to the center of a dresden plate too

this is what do.also use this way for hearts.[quote]