Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Charm quilts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/charm-quilts-t9254.html)

Tigerbaby1981 07-20-2008 11:23 AM

Oh.. THanks for the heads up. I am thinking of getting a couple packs and playing around with them.

Rose Marie 07-20-2008 11:30 AM

They make a perfect Jewel Box quilt but you need yardage for the piano keys border since they are 6 1/2 inchs. Moda makes nice marbles yardage.
I asked Fabric Depot if they can get Crystals yardage and she said she would find out.

Ellis' Granny B 07-20-2008 12:52 PM

Nor'easter,

Thank you for this valuable and informative onfo on "Charm Quilts". I love learning new things to put into operation in my dream file.

Ellis' Granny B

nor'easter 07-20-2008 02:00 PM

Awww, sharing is what life's all about, isn't it? :oops:

Rose Marie 07-26-2008 07:49 AM

I watched Billie Lauder on QuiltersTV make blocks using 5 1/2 charms.
She first made a 4 patch then with a ruler cut 1 1/2 inch from center seam on both sides. Then she sewed them back togather with the fabrics not matching togather. Then she cut again from the center seam and put them togather again. what was great is no pins the seams just fit togather perfect. The block was great.
I ordered the book for that and other patterns from Connecting Threads since they have a book sale going on. So it was less than $12.
The book is called Quick Tricks Squared. The video is 16 plus on Quilters TV.

retrogirl02 07-26-2008 10:38 AM

I'm collecting fabrics in red/white combos and haven't decided whether I'll do hexagons or triangles. I plan to do a true charm with no repeating patterns. I'm excited about it but hadn't considered charm packs because I'd like some larger pieces for binding or whatever else I may need. If anyone else has a similar project planned, let me know! I'd be happy to swap. :D

sew4fun 07-26-2008 01:17 PM

The quilt guild I belong to has special interest groups,such as applique, red work, charm, etc. I have belonged to our charm group for 3 years. Each month the participants exchange 6 different 6-inch square prints. I am making a quilt of triangles using Cindy Blackberg's Thousand Pyramid stamp. I am going to make a twin size quilt or it may just be a throw. At this point as far as I know all of the pieces are different. Several members have also cut small pieces for me from their stash. The guild had a garage sale this spring and we had several boxes of scraps that we sold ziplock bags to stuff and I got a lot then. If I ever make another one it will be a bigger piece size. :)

But it has been fun collecting the fabric and getting better acquainted with some of the members of our guild(we have 240 members).

all4quilt 07-26-2008 01:38 PM

Really love your Charm quilts. Both color combo's are beautiful!

Susan

Skeat 07-26-2008 01:45 PM

THanks Susan, the colors are hard to pick up in the sun:))They really look better in the real person:))Skeat

all4quilt 07-26-2008 01:49 PM

I know exactly what you mean, Skeat! To bad the world isn't smaller so we could have one BIG quilt show and all could attend!

Susan